PDA

View Full Version : Klasse theory: AIO vs. SG

porterdog
07-16-2002, 07:27 AM
OK, suppose just for the sake of discussion that you had several layers of SG on your car and that despite a resonable wash schedule you`d built up some crud that normal washing couldn`t handle...

AIO has a good rep as a paint cleaner, so you`d like to use that to get after the nasty bits, either as a spot cleaner or on a panel by panel basis.

You know that AIO will supposedly remove SG, but wonder:

1. Does it take it right off immediately like a stripper, or wear it down a bit? If you had 3 layers of SG on, is one wipe of AIO sufficient to remove it? Or would it take several rounds of MF applicator scrub/buff?

2. How the heck could you tell if there was still SG on the surface, especially in that you`re putting down a layer of AIO over whatever remained?

TIA,

Robert

lpandroc
07-16-2002, 09:14 AM
I have always assumed it was actually taking of ALL my SG..Since it is somewhat strong...As a preventative measure and to reassure myself....I ALWAYS apply SG after regardless of how much it stripped or did not strip.

imported_Tony
07-16-2002, 12:18 PM
One more reason why Klasse needs some technical support. I would guess that it would be close to starting over and if it is close to starting over you might think about using clay.

shaf
07-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Who knows? I wish I knew the answer to this since I was wondering the same thing. I think I`d just assume the SG is all gone if I were to do this, regardless of how much SG I have on it.

I know when I did my glaze topper test I saw swirls reappear and the surface got squeaky clean. Of course AIO won`t leave it squeaky though....

imported_Tony
07-16-2002, 02:16 PM
FYI for newbie.http://www.properautocare.com/apklasbymac.html

Jngrbrdman
07-16-2002, 02:24 PM
I would have to say that it would take all the SG off. Based on what I`ve seen it do to oxidation and other damage, I can`t imagine SG surviving an AIO attack. What would be really useful is if someone wanted to put 3 or 4 layers of SG on their hood and then use AIO on half of it so we could see if there is a difference. I just might have to find a donor car to test that out on...

bjwebster
07-16-2002, 02:34 PM
My personal use has shown that AIO is a decently strong cleaner which leads me to believe that It would remove all of the sg. The layers of sg are so thin to begin with I just dont think that they could withstand AIO and remain.

porterdog
07-16-2002, 05:39 PM
If that`s the case I might as well start over! Thanks for sharing your experiences, y`all.

Robert

imported_Intermezzo
07-16-2002, 05:56 PM
Instead of using AIO, you could give your car a light claying. Clay will remove surface contaminants (embedded or not embedded) while leaving your Klasse layers intact...for the most part.