PDA

View Full Version : Disspell this Zaino for me

riotejas
07-16-2002, 03:42 AM
I was visiting my friend who is a mechanic at a local Ford dealership today and when the detail manager saw my car, we had this conversation:

Detailing Mgr (DM): "Dang, your car is shiny! what do you use?".

Me: "I use Zaino... there`s about 5 coats of Z5 on there and tons of Z6".

Detailing Mgr (DM):"Oh, I wouldn`t use Zaino if I were you. It damages clearcoat."

Me: "I don`t buy that. What are you basing that claim on?"

Detailing Mgr (DM): "35 years of experiences in the paint business. Have you used it long?"

Me: "I`ve been using it for about 5 months now. So not that long."

Detailing Mgr (DM): "Well after years of use, it`ll damage clear coat. It`s such a strong sythetic, it just bonds to the clearcoat and ruins it."

Me: "Sorry man, no offence, but I don`t buy that. Too many people have been using it for too long for that to be true. That sounds like a myth."

Detailing Mgr (DM): "Well it`s your car.. good luck with your clearcoat <snicker, snicker>"

Please tell me he`s on crack.

DCT
07-16-2002, 05:27 AM
Please tell me he`s on crack.

He`s on crack!

jerry@robs
07-16-2002, 06:26 AM
probably trying to sell you Snot or "dealer" teflon polish hehe

dlw
07-16-2002, 06:50 AM
LOL! During one of my brief attempts at selling automobiles (miserable failures due to my weakness - honesty), one of the detailing guys told me that one of his customers in the Air Force was so happy with the way his car was detailed that he gave the detailer a ride in the Stealth bomber. I believe that detailing manager and the guy I talked to should hook up as they obviously both hear and see things that us mere mortals don`t.

VetteHead
07-16-2002, 07:31 AM
I`m not a Zaino user, but I know Sal Zaino also spent a lifetime in the auto paint business. This question`s been posed to him before & the answer is there`s nothing in Zaino that will harm your paint`s finish over the long-term.

If you still have concerns, I suggest calling or e-mailing Sal & asking him directly. He always takes time to answer customer questions.

picorrect
07-16-2002, 09:08 AM
I`ve been using Zaino for over 3 years...100+ coats and not one problem with the clearcoat.

And I drive an Acura which is notorious for poor paint quality.

I was surprised that his next comment wasn`t, "Oh yeah, you need to use our Ford Miracle wax....fortified with Teflon and Snake Oil for that glass-like finish" :D :rolleyes:

BradE
07-16-2002, 09:11 AM
The idea that Zaino hurts the paint is total nonsense. It`s just like the myth that paint needs "feeding" oils and needs to breath. :rolleyes: What a joke.

shaf
07-16-2002, 01:51 PM
I had a body shop guy tell me not to wax more than once a year to prevent "wax buildup". :p

Opinions of one = questionable

Opinions of many = much better

MikeLS
07-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Too funny! The morons (dealers) that think they know all about car care strike again! Seriously, Sal has used Z on his show cars for more than 20+ years! And, Zaino has not even been available to the general public for "35 years" like your dealer claims. :rolleyes:

Also, the fact that he thinks Zaino is a "strong synthetic" tells me he`s shooting BS straight out of his trap. Zaino is perhaps one of the mildest solutions available today, but hey, we shouldn`t question his almighty painting experience, right? LMAO! Afer all, a custom show car painter designed and developed Zaino to be the the most paint friendly product on the market....

So, who do you trust? I`ll put all my money on Sal and the thousands of people who use his products.... I wouldn`t touch a "detailing manager" at a car dealer with a ten foot pole....

But, that`s just me...

:wavey

jayder456
07-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Common sense will tell ya there`s a lot more out there that`ll do in clear coat, starting with the nut behind the wheel. (Not us...THEM!) :p

Brad B
07-16-2002, 07:08 PM
The best thing to do is just laugh.

The road to recovery begins with a large dose of Autopia. And a free sample of Zaino. Help your friend out. He needs it.;)

imported_Shelby
07-17-2002, 08:25 PM
After he said "Oh, I wouldn`t use Zaino if I were you. It damages clearcoat." you were supposed to say "Oh? What do you use?" And then he would say "Super Wax, want to buy some?". He probably never heard of Zaino.