PDA

View Full Version : applying blitz with pc??

crooper
07-15-2002, 11:06 PM
how is this done? i read someone briefly talking about it and putting it on the pad with a butter knife, but my new can of blitz is kinda flaky when i stick a knife to it. so then when i turn on the pc all of these flakes fly everywhere. i`m using a the 6.5" waffle pad from 3m.

JasonC8301
07-15-2002, 11:55 PM
I like to apply paste waxes by hand.

if you have a desire for Pc and blitz, then take the butter knife and place the flakes onto the pad. Take your hand and spread it around the pad. This helps prevent splatter and help melts the hard paste a little so it is easier to apply.

I applied Blitz with my fingers, stopped after a panel because i like foam better.

Jason

Steve @ Guru
07-16-2002, 12:17 AM
If you use a 1" wide putty knife, you can "skim" the paste wax, effectively building a thin layer of wax on the knife. Spread the wax from the knife on to the buffer pad like you would butter a piece of bread.

Treat the wax like it`s a really hard block of butter and the buffer pad is a warm, soft piece of bread. If you try to cram a piece of butter on to the bread, you`ll tear it, but if you "skim" it on, you`re usually going to be ok.

imported_edschwab1
07-16-2002, 01:18 PM
Here is post from Audi World Detailing forum (one of the many message boards I read). Blitz by PC (http://forums.audiworld.com/detail/msgs/7299.phtml) Interesting picture.

Geekysteve thanks for the method for getting blitz from the can to the PC pad. How many panels will the blitz cover before needing to be reapplied to the PC pad?

Eric

Lone Wolf
07-16-2002, 07:06 PM
I use the PC to apply Blitz...Just like stated above..use a 1" putty knife and lightly skim the top..spread it on the pad and apply using low speed..I use #2..Works great and it spreads the wax nice and thin..