PDA

View Full Version : Different color car...different type of wax???

Ikabob
07-15-2002, 08:38 PM
Do certain colored cars take on a better appearance with a certain wax. I have "Anthrocite Blue"...which is a coal blue...any recommendations? Thank you.

Jngrbrdman
07-15-2002, 09:17 PM
There are a lot of different waxes out there for different color cars. Not that Turtle Wax color match wax crap either. Like Pinnacle, for example. They make Paste Glaz for light cars and Souveran for dark cars. They both look great on either car though. In your case I would pick Souveran.

Some waxes have colored fillers in them to help fill in swirls. That is why they say they are for dark cars. If its just a nice carnuba, like Pinnacle, Blitz, or something like that, then it doesn`t matter what color you use it on because there aren`t any fillers to worry about. Its just nice and clean carnuba. :)

If you want to get an `off the shelf` kind of wax then I suggest Meguiar`s Gold Class. It would look amazing on your car. If you can get Blitz then get it. If you can spend the $$ then try and get one of the Pinnacle waxes. They would be really amazing. Have you looked into going with a synthetic like Zaino, Klasse, Blackfire, or Platinum? Do a search on those 4 products and you`ll be bombarded with photos and reviews. I`ve seen all of them on Blue and they would all look great. Have fun!

Ikabob
07-15-2002, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...I will search the products.

jmdlat
07-15-2002, 11:16 PM
Anything by Meguiars or Mothers is good for a dark colored car.

First of all, what kind of car do you drive? Different types of paints have different results

Here are the routes you can go that I would recommend:

-Meguiars #9 followed by #26 works EXCELLENT (Bright shine and unbelievable depth)

-Meguiars polish followed by Meguiars Gold Class wax (Different type of shine then the first system)

-Mothers 3 step system (Great shine, buffs off easier then Meguiars, but doesn`t last as long)

-3M Imperial hand glaze followed by paste wax (I used Classic, but you can use Eagle one, etc.)

-Zaino (Easy and great shine, but some cars react poorly to it and it might smear and shine might be dissappointing)

Those are my top picks as far as wax goes.

Ikabob
07-18-2002, 06:17 PM
I have a "Blue Anthracite" Passat.

Red Wolf
07-18-2002, 07:26 PM
I second souveran, it is a great wax, like Jngrbrdman said it is made for dark cars.