PDA

View Full Version : Dawn wash....

kamiiyu
07-15-2002, 06:10 PM
When I Dawn (dishwash liquid) wash a car, and I don`t put on a wax after that for about 1 week, will there be damage? Or do I need to put on wax right away to protect it.

What if I just use Eagle One Wet to wash after the Dawn wash. Would that offer me enough protection until say 1 week later when I have the time to wax it?

Any comments are much appreciated.

imported_Intel486
07-15-2002, 07:43 PM
I`ve gone a week or so after stripping wax with no problems. I think short term is fine but if you were going for a month or more...

2wheelsx2
07-15-2002, 08:02 PM
I wouldn`t worry too much about it. We don`t get that much sun here in Vancouver. If your ride goes for a few days without any protection, it`ll be all right, especially if you garage at night. Just make sure the you wash with car soap afterwards to ensure that all the alkaline soap has been cleaned off.

kamiiyu
07-16-2002, 10:59 AM
I have a different question.

Can Meguiar`s #26 be layered? Also, if I have haze/swirl marks on my car would waxing say with #26 cover that up?

If there is another wax on the car, can I use a different brand ie, Meguiar`s #26 to apply over the original wax? I don`t want to Dawn wash again.

Thanks.

imported_Tony
07-16-2002, 11:06 AM
I agree with both Intel486 and 2wheeler on the washing. 26 can be layered but it will not cover up much. try 3m IHG and then 26. You could use #7 or Mother`s sealer glaze instead of IHG.

2wheelsx2
07-16-2002, 11:48 AM
You could try any carnauba wax on it with no cleaners. I don`t think the layering will hide the swirls much though. But a Glaze like Mother`s Sealer and Glaze, or Meguiar`s #7 will do some filling and hiding of swirls. But it will definitely enhance the depth of a black paint job.

kamiiyu
07-16-2002, 03:41 PM
What would fill in haze/swirl marks the best? How about if I use Meguiar`s #9 in place of the #7? Would that fill in the swirl/haze marks?

bjwebster
07-16-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by kamiiyu

What would fill in haze/swirl marks the best? How about if I use Meguiar`s #9 in place of the #7? Would that fill in the swirl/haze marks?

#9 is a swirl remover with some fillers, but #7 is strictly a glaze and would fill them.