PDA

View Full Version : First Time Zaino and PC

Vegas1
07-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Last week picked up the PC package from Costal Tool and received the grey pads from CMA on Friday, so I was ready to go Sat..

Thanks to ShowroomLincoln and others for getting me going on this from a previous thread.

Since this was the first time using the PC I really took my time and I`ll be able to go much faster the next time (even though it went really quick anyway). Sprayed the pad with some Z6 and since I`m waiting on my order for ZFX I just used straight Z2. Put some Z2 in a circle and also made an X in the middle. I really didn`t put any pressure at all on the PC and just used the weight of the PC and left it at 3 the whole time.

Even though I have a light gray car I was still able to see the Zaino, and when it started to thin out I just applied maybe 4 to 5 more drops of the Z2.

This method is without a doubt the best way to get very even and very thin coats on the car. In my 2 plus years using Zaino I`ve never been able to get such thin and even coats by hand. Even though I really took my time, I still was able to do it faster than I`ve ever done it by hand.

I left the Z2 on overnight and it came off even easier than it usually does, do to the very thin coats.

Did the car look better? Probably not, because it looked great to begin with.

Did I save time? Yes!

Thanks again everyone.

BradE
07-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Glad to hear you liked the results. I use it mainly as a time saver as well. After a long day of polishing, and my arms feel like Jello, it`s much easier and faster to Z with machine. Although I still do it by hand on occasion.:)

laynlow
07-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Ditto the timesavings, although hand app doesn`t take much longer. I get thinner coats with hand application, but using the PC is just fun.

imported_chris
07-15-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Vegas1

Last week picked up the PC package from Costal Tool and received the grey pads from CMA on Friday, so I was ready to go Sat..

Thanks to ShowroomLincoln and others for getting me going on this from a previous thread.

Since this was the first time using the PC I really took my time and I`ll be able to go much faster the next time (even though it went really quick anyway). Sprayed the pad with some Z6 and since I`m waiting on my order for ZFX I just used straight Z2. Put some Z2 in a circle and also made an X in the middle. I really didn`t put any pressure at all on the PC and just used the weight of the PC and left it at 3 the whole time.

Even though I have a light gray car I was still able to see the Zaino, and when it started to thin out I just applied maybe 4 to 5 more drops of the Z2.

This method is without a doubt the best way to get very even and very thin coats on the car. In my 2 plus years using Zaino I`ve never been able to get such thin and even coats by hand. Even though I really took my time, I still was able to do it faster than I`ve ever done it by hand.

I left the Z2 on overnight and it came off even easier than it usually does, do to the very thin coats.

Did the car look better? Probably not, because it looked great to begin with.

Did I save time? Yes!

Thanks again everyone.

I have a Silver car and have the same problem. I can`t really see if I`m covering the whole surface, missing spots, putting enough on, unless you look at the perfect angle. Any tips?

Thanks

laynlow
07-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Hugh27

I have a Silver car and have the same problem. I can`t really see if I`m covering the whole surface, missing spots, putting enough on, unless you look at the perfect angle. Any tips?

Thanks

If you’re putting on thin coats, viewing at the right angle is about the only way to see the haze. I have a portable fluorescent droplight, and it helps also. I think as long as you are layering multiple coats, you do not need to worry about missing spots.

Vegas1
07-15-2002, 03:32 PM
I think as long as you are layering multiple coats, you do not need to worry about missing spots.

My thought exactly!:up

imported_chris
07-16-2002, 10:22 AM
I understand, just call me VAIN!:D

Thanks guys