PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from CMA in Canada

Jademonkey
07-14-2002, 09:29 PM
To order from CMA for shipping to Canada, do I have to call them with my order or do anything else that is not normal?

I do not see the option to ship to Canada.

Thanks

imported_Blake
07-15-2002, 12:13 PM
They don`t ship to Canada. Call tim at Tacscar.com; He ships to Canada. I had a Mail Boxes Etc box in NFNY and ordered from CMA. Service was great but I guess they don`t want the hassle of shipping up here.

imported_Homer
07-15-2002, 03:59 PM
Sometimes I don`t understand what the big deal is with companies and not shipping to Canada. I run a mail order business myself and shipping to Canada just takes an extra 2 minutes per order to fill out a customs form. One single form in which you declar the contents, and the value of the item. That`s it. I don`t really understand why companies don`t accomodate Canadian orders...

I`m Canadian and will be moving back to Montreal in a few week`s time. I guess I`ll be ordering from good ol` Tim at Tacscar...

Huy

artfano@mcasytems.net
07-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Jademonkey,

It`s possible that your bank will reject the credit card payment. I`ve found that Bank of Montreal (MC) will do that for foreign orders where the vendor doesn`t have the card in hand. Now, I call the MC service line to give them a heads-up that a charge for x dollars from vendor y will be coming through shortly.

shaf
07-15-2002, 05:43 PM
Huh? What happened to this thread?

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12211

:confused:

Jademonkey
07-15-2002, 06:13 PM
4DSC that is the reason I was wondering how to do it.

I read that thread awhile ago and since I am running out of a few things I figured I would try CMA since they ship to canada, but I cannot find a way to do it.

I usually order from tascar and they are great(especially since I won the P21S kit in his draw) but CMA has a few items that I want to try(BBT, Glass Towels etc)

If anyone else can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

2wheelsx2
07-15-2002, 06:29 PM
Why don`t you try emailing or calling them? From the reviews I have read here, CMA has fantastic customer service. So go ahead and ask them. Please post your results, as I am Canadian too and would like to know....

Jademonkey
07-15-2002, 06:55 PM
I`ve emailed them 3 times so far in the past week and have not got a response.

Im going to try calling them tomorrow.

shaf
07-15-2002, 10:57 PM
Hmm, maybe they`re backed up? I got a reply when I asked about this a couple months back. Nice, polite, long and detailed response.

Good luck.

2wheelsx2
07-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Jademonkey and others, has anyone from Canada actually made a succesful order from CMA yet? Since the GB for Meguiar`s pads have fallen through, I am interested in acquiring a set of CMA pads to try. Now if I can only find that darn 6" counterweight in Western Canada without having to buy the stupid sanding kit for $30!!!:(

paco
07-19-2002, 02:13 PM
couple of days. I too was disappointed when the group fell through but it`s understanded given the circumstances he was going through.

I`ll post a new thread about the details next week if it works out.

Paco

2wheelsx2
07-19-2002, 02:17 PM
Cool. That would be great dude. Yeah, I PM`d with Max a couple of times and felt bad that I was bugging him, given his problems.

Let me know, I had got together with another PC owner and need counterweights and a whole bunch of pads. Max told me that mine was the largest order of the bunch he had.

Thanks.