PDA

View Full Version : dupont prepsol

2K4Element
07-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Where i live i really have a problem with stupid bugs on my front end. i was thinking of using dupont prepsol on it. is it too strong to use for something like that. and if so whatr is something good to use that wont hurt the paint.

thanks

2K4Element
07-14-2002, 10:17 AM
thanks for the quick response. I`ll have to try that out.

imported_Intel486
07-14-2002, 04:33 PM
Warm water, soap and a sponge.

Take the sponge, soak it in the water, and then just let it sit on the bug guts. It`ll soften them up so they can be easily wiped off.

dlw
07-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Prepsol is used in body shops to strip all wax. grease, etc off paint before beginning to sand for repainting. I worked in a truck body shop in my younger days and the stuff would take off about anything, tar & sap and worked really well, but it would not be my choice for anything but pre-paint prep. I use Zaino polish and the bugs don`t stick around too long on it!

Steve @ Guru
07-14-2002, 06:35 PM
Living in Arkansas means that we see our share of some pretty nasty bugs...I have the Porsche Tequipment for just this reason, and as ejant says, it works -- just follow the directions exactly.

Also, following on Dan`s lead, I have 3 coats of Z2/ZFX on the front of my 337, and the bugs just don`t stick - I went to pop a dead bug off the front after a quick drive into town, and rather than having it "melted" to the nose, when I went to flick the bug off, it simply fell off - no guts, no nothing...another win for the big "Z".