PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU do with this stuff?

GP Infinity
07-13-2002, 10:37 PM
Since I have been coming to this website and have enlightened myself about car detailing.. I now am in a quandry about what to do with the following and need everyones advice... I have in my garage some of the following:

Westley`s Bleache White for tires

Turtle Wax polishing compound

Mothers Carnuaba Cleaning Wax

That black wax they advertise on TV-ColorMatch(?)

TurtleWax Soap and Wax combination liquid

and a whole host of other junk that I have tried...

well do I throw it out, give it away, or use it `til its gone?

Dana

by the way, has anyone noticed that the Home Depot fancies themselves as a car detailing supplier now?

:nixweiss

Chuckmotor
07-13-2002, 10:46 PM
For my supplies I don`t use, I give most of them to a friend who is just starting to maintain his car. One such person who inherits a lot of my stuff is the guy whose Mazda 323 I brought back to life which I posted about here -->Friend`s Mazda 323 thread (http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7505&highlight=Mazda+323). I have given him Armor All wipes, Armor All car wash concentrate, Mother`s Cleaner Wax, and some other treats to help him keep his car half way decent. There are others I do that for, as well.

I haven`t been to Home Depot lately. What detailing supplies do they have there??

VetteToVair
07-13-2002, 11:00 PM
i stopped by home depot the other day and saw that. they had jack s*** that interested me. i just saw some turtle wax products and a few other things i used before autopia. but i guess that`s just fine for your average joe. :)

GP Infinity
07-13-2002, 11:00 PM
They had a big deal going on here last weekend... they had a guy using one of those Simoniz car wash swirly things.. turtle wax, a microfiber blue towel, armor all, and a few more things like that..

shaf
07-14-2002, 03:24 AM
I don`t know about a lot of the other stuff, but I use my Turtle Wax polishing compound when I decide, "okay, time for a serious abrasive." like when I`m trying to reduce a scratch or something. I heard people use Joe-average cleaner waxes on door jambs, under the hood, and other "non-critical" areas. I`ll be doing exactly that when I have time.

I`d probably give away the wash and wax. I heard bad things about it and can`t see myself using that on anything.

louissc
07-14-2002, 04:11 AM
is a birthday coming up? wrap it up and tie a pretty little bow around it.......lol:xyxthumbs