PDA

View Full Version : emblem regluing

THERUSE
07-13-2002, 06:02 PM
hello,

i would like to remove the emblems on my car so i could clean them and the paint behind it throughly:rolleyes: :D .

What glue do i reattach them with after removal? so that i would be able to take them off again if ever needed.

thanks,

imported_BretFraz
07-13-2002, 06:37 PM
I believe that each car mfr has their own spec for emblem attachments (for lack of a better term) and I think its something that gets outsourced to companies like 3M.

So I don`t believe there is a glue per se that one could use to attach and retach emblems. You might want to discuss this with your dealer or reach out to a car club dedicated to your make and see what others are doing.

Malibu
07-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Personally, I wouldn`t recommend removing the emblems at all. I removed the emblems on our Jetta because they were on the wrong side of the trunk (i.e. the "Jetta" emblem was on the right and the "GLS" emblem was on the left instead of the other way around) and I could never get them to stay on again no matter what I used. I remember I tried 3M Emblem and Trim adhesive and after a month or so they would start to fall off again.

Mike

imported_StyleTEG
07-14-2002, 12:06 AM
I have used 3M Emblem and Trim adhesive with out any problems. As long as both surfaces are very clean, it should last for quite some time.

Using q-tips works pretty well for cleaning emblems and around them. I use a light dawn sollution on the paint around the emblums, then seal them up.. all using a q-tip. For thin areas (like the acura "A"), cutting the qtip head in half with scissors makes it alittle easier.

THERUSE
07-14-2002, 07:06 PM
thanks fellas

i`ll try 3m, can`t go wrong with them.

jps
07-14-2002, 08:15 PM
Has anyone used flexible magnetic material to attach their lettering? Like the refridgerator magnets....