PDA

View Full Version : Who`s Makes Your Favorite PC Pads

Pages : [1] 2

Vegas1
07-11-2002, 02:01 PM
After joining the group last week, I spent many hours doing tons of searches on everything from MF to PC’s. Being a Zaino user for 2 years now, a post by ShowroomLincoln caught my attention, that being applying Zaino with a PC.

Since I’ve been using Zaino since day one on my 2000 Maxima SE it’s basically swirl free, but I wanted to justify a PC purchase. Well my wife’s 97 Maxima didn’t have the full benefit of all my TLC and Zaino from the start, and has some swirl marks that Z5 could not handle. So now I had a reason to make the purchase.

Purchased the 7424 with the included 6" kit from Costal, and ordered some grey pads for Zaino, and some white and yellow pads for the wife’s car to use with SMR from CMA. After ordering them though, and doing more searches, it seems like a lot of people are using Mequiars pads. So my question is, is one better than the other, or is it all personal preference? :nixweiss Thanks.

BradE
07-11-2002, 02:05 PM
Meguiars pads are good. 3M waffle pads are excellent for use on both orbitals and rotary buffers.:up

JasonC8301
07-11-2002, 02:07 PM
I prefer the CMA pads, I have a Meguiar`s foam polishing pad, but CMA`s stronger/more grippy backing plate is making the velcro back come off and the CMA pads have served me well for a year (through numerous uses and washings.)

Jason

Redcar GUY
07-11-2002, 02:11 PM
CMA`s for me too:)

laynlow
07-11-2002, 02:37 PM
I prefer Meguiars both for performance and availability (local).

C. Charles Hahn
07-11-2002, 02:41 PM
I`m losing faith in my Meg`s pads..... ever since I got a 3M hook-it backing plate..

so I`ve gotta try and find some 3M waffle pads, since I can`t seem to get them anyplace locally??

or perhaps try the CMAs...

BradE
07-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Did you try a body shop supply house? Most of them carry 3M pads.

C. Charles Hahn
07-11-2002, 02:58 PM
SL: I tried 3 separate shops, none of which carried the 3M pads (finishmaster, auto value-carquest, and napa) :confused:

Steve @ Guru
07-11-2002, 02:59 PM
The timing of this post is crazy - I just got an e-mail from a Meguiar`s rep who read our report and was curious why we liked the Lake Country pad`s better than Meguiar`s...

I have some older Meguiar`s pads from about 1997. I told him I`d be trying some of the newer ones to see if they`ve been improved since then. Sorta` OT, but I thought that the coincidence was crazy.

C. Charles Hahn
07-11-2002, 03:02 PM
steve - Lake Country are the same pads as CMA`s??

BradE
07-11-2002, 03:05 PM
Yes, CMA pads are Lake Country.

That`s strange about the 3M pads, FinishMaster is a 3M distributor so they should have them. What part of Michigan are you in?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw you location box on your profile. :doh

Lenny
07-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

steve - Lake Country are the same pads as CMA`s??

CMA`s pads are the Lake Country pads.

I use both the Lake Country and the Meguiar`s, along with a couple of Griot`s Garage pads. Don`t ask me which ones I like best - I like them all! LOL!!

BradE
07-11-2002, 03:08 PM
According to 3M this place should stock them:

FinishMaster, Inc.

1434 Diamond Reo Way

Lansing, MI 48910

Telephone: 517-482-9099

:nixweiss

Lenny
07-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

SL: I tried 3 separate shops, none of which carried the 3M pads (finishmaster, auto value-carquest, and napa) :confused:

Shiny Lil Detlr , try Painters Supply. I pm`ed you the address in Lansing.

C. Charles Hahn
07-11-2002, 03:12 PM
hahaha 3M lies..... thats the only finishmaster in town (and the one I go to regularly for my other 3M stuff - also the place I got my 3M backing plate from) and they don`t have the pads (actually they don`t even "regular stock" any 6" stuff - only 8", and even then usually all I see in there is bonnets, not "hook and loop type" pads....

thx Len - got it :xyxthumbs