PDA

View Full Version : 2 zaino questions

fluffybunny
07-11-2002, 12:26 PM
hi there, this is my first post. great site!!!

i just put my first 3 coats of zaino on the car a few days ago (my car is pretty new, so i have almost no swirls).

in the past i`ve always used Meguire`s products...

my questions are:

1. can i use Meguire`s Final Inspection as a lube/QD INSTEAD of z6 when applying z2 or z5? i`ve seen posts about using it on top of zaino, but not with it...

2. are there any carnauba waxes (or any waxes) that i can put on top of zaino and not strip it off?

i would say my paint is right in the middle of dark and light paints...World Rally Blue pearl is what they call it...depending on the light it can be a flatter color or a color with some really amazing depth. i like the depth, and while i trust zaino to be a great paint protectant and to give a great shine, i`m sort of missing the depth that a couple coats of wax will give. any suggestions or ideas? do i just keep putting on more zaino? i think part of my problem is that i`m used to waxes that go on in thicker coats...zaino (if i`m doing it right) goes on so stinkin` thin... i know it`s on there because i can feel it, but i guess i`ve got some mental hurdles to clear...

thanks for any info,

the bunny

JasonC8301
07-11-2002, 12:55 PM
You can use the Meguiar`s FI as a daily QD, but make sure you wash with Z-7 then Z-6 when you apply new coats of Zaino.

I would not recommend apply a carnauba topper over the Zaino since Zaino is supposed to be layered over Zaino.

If you want a deeper darker color with more wetness, try more coats of Z-5.

I supposed you have ZFX, so 3 coats in one day, so it is possible to get down 21 coats in a weeks time (Monday-Friday after work, Saturday and Sunday.)

Try a few more layers of Zaino and see if you like it. If not, Strip it all off and use carnauba (or Klasse + carnauba.)

It all comes down to personal preference.

Jason

TortoiseAWD
07-11-2002, 02:05 PM
fluffybunny,

I currently have a couple of coats of S100 (P21S) on top of quite a few coats of Z on my silver WRX. I`d try Jason`s suggestion of a few layers of Z5 first to see if that gives the look you like on the blue (you can borrow some of my Z5 on Sat., np). If that doesn`t give the effect you`re after, you can try the S100 as a topper as I`ve done (and you`re welcome to a trial coat from my can). Just remember, once you start experimenting with carnuba, you won`t be able to layer Z anymore unless you do a Dawn wash to remove the wax first.

Since your hood is ripe for experimentation (hail sux), we can tape it off and try different combinations if you want.

Tort

fluffybunny
07-11-2002, 08:47 PM
thanks Tort, old buddy. (heh, the tortoise and the hare just came to mind...)

i`ll give ya a ring tomorrow about what time Saturday morning you`d like to come on over. oh, and if you`re in need of a wash, did i mention the hose serves up soft water?

the bunny

TortoiseAWD
07-12-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by fluffybunny

thanks Tort, old buddy. (heh, the tortoise and the hare just came to mind...)

i`ll give ya a ring tomorrow about what time Saturday morning you`d like to come on over. oh, and if you`re in need of a wash, did i mention the hose serves up soft water?

the bunny Thanks, I definitely need a wash . . . soft water will be a nice change from the liquid minerals that come out of the apartment`s spigot.

I`ve got dinner with my parents tonight, so probably won`t be around until 8:00 or so this evening . . .

Tort