PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Supplies

phduray
07-11-2002, 07:26 AM
I have just found this website, what a wealth of information. I will be ordering the Autopia Guide today. I have a great deal to learn. I have always just used a dirty sponge and brush to clean my cars and trucks in the past and then drive real fast to dry them.

I just purchased a 2002 Ford Excursion and want to keep the beast looking good. What a large vehicle to start with. My Excursion is White by the way.

I am going to order the whole line of Zaino products to strat with.

Do you use the glass cleaners on the inside and outside or just the inside?

Also I need to order towels, burshes, mits, dusters, and all of the other equipment. Is there 1 good website to order from? I want many items put would like to order from 1 place as this will reduce my shipping charges. Maybe even a good started kit with a CA Duster.

Let me know your thoughts and I look forward to reading all of this wonderful information.

VetteToVair
07-11-2002, 07:40 AM
motorhead has free shipping

carcrazy has free shipping on orders over $20

carcareonline has free shipping on orders over $75

i use stoner`s invisible glass on inside and out of windows because it is sfe to use on window tint.

phduray
07-11-2002, 07:42 AM
What do you use to apply the Stoner Glass?

VetteToVair
07-11-2002, 08:15 AM
now i use a microfiber towel. i used to use 100% cotton terry towels. spray on wipe off. in hard to reach areas i spray directly onto the mf and then wipe. i find that i need to do this in some shade to prevent streaking.

VetteToVair
07-11-2002, 08:22 AM
http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8611&highlight=vinegar+to+clean+glass

imported_JeffBruce
07-11-2002, 08:31 AM
Read Davids book first, then you`ll get an idea of what you`ll need.

You may find after first purchase, you want more..then more...there are some post that tell in detail of their stepsA-Z with products mentioned..

Im at the point were I can wait for sales, discounts or group buys to save money....

Jeff