PDA

View Full Version : Can I layer Platinum over Klasse and visa verca?

Preachers Sheets
07-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Can I add Platinum to the mulitple layers of Klasse that are on my car?

Jngrbrdman
07-10-2002, 10:32 PM
Totally. I use AIO as a base for my Platinum. It works great. The same rule applies to the carnuba thing, though. Once you put a layer of that down then your Platinum days are over. Nothing but more coats of carnuba after that.

I put down a layer of AIO and then a couple of Platinum and then a layer of SG. That looked awesome! A few alternating layers of PPG and Souveran made it really look good. Klasse and Platinum seems to be very compatible.

Preachers Sheets
07-10-2002, 10:36 PM
I was hoping you would be one of the people that would respond...

Can I layer the Platinum sealent over my Klasse Glaze?

Jngrbrdman
07-10-2002, 10:38 PM
Hmmm... Interesting question. I don`t see why not. I`ve never tried it but I don`t think there is anything about Klasse that would keep it from working. After all, it seemed to bond fine to the AIO.

Preachers Sheets
07-10-2002, 10:44 PM
Ok, while I have you here...

I have 6 layers of Klasse on my car now, it`s a red Camaro. Should I strip everything and start with a layer of AIO then move to the Platinum sealent?

I wonder if I`ll need more than 2 layers of this Platinum product to get the same effect as the 6 Klasse Glaze layers.

SergC
07-10-2002, 11:04 PM
I have 2 coats of Platinum on top of 2xAIO and2xSG .Looks great

Jngrbrdman
07-10-2002, 11:04 PM
When I change systems on a car I always strip the old stuff off. Not because I think I have to, but because I think it looks better. That`s probably just me though. The BF polish will strip most, if not all, of your Klasse off anyway. You could just go to the sealant and skip the first bottle. It might be a good experiment. I`ll bet that the Blackfire layered on top of all that Klasse would look awesome.

I found that 2 layers of the Blackfire sealant was as opticaly impressive to me as my 15 layers of Klasse. I was very very happy with it. Of course, that was on white. Individual results may vary depending on the color of the car. I love the way it looked though. Much deeper than the Klasse and very `wet` looking. It looked just like a dozen layers of Klasse with some Pinnacle on it.

I`d be very interested to know how it works out being layered on top of the Klasse. I`m sure it would bond, but I`m curious to know what it looks like. Its got to be impressive.

itsme
07-10-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Totally. I use AIO as a base for my Platinum. It works great. The same rule applies to the carnuba thing, though. Once you put a layer of that down then your Platinum days are over. Nothing but more coats of carnuba after that.

I put down a layer of AIO and then a couple of Platinum and then a layer of SG. That looked awesome! A few alternating layers of PPG and Souveran made it really look good. Klasse and Platinum seems to be very compatible.

Jngrbrdman, so you use AIO as a base, Applied Platinum Paint Protectant on top of that and then topped it off with SG? And they all bonded okay?

Jngrbrdman
07-10-2002, 11:42 PM
So far so good. Its been a few weeks now and there hasn`t been any problems. Everything still seems to be bonding just fine.

itsme
07-10-2002, 11:56 PM

So far so good. Its been a few weeks now and there hasn`t been any problems. Everything still seems to be bonding just fine.

Cool that`s something I`d like to try. The protection/durability of Klasse with the deeper look of Platinum.

Preachers Sheets
07-11-2002, 07:15 AM

It looked just like a dozen layers of Klasse with some Pinnacle on it.

Sounds like I`m going to strip the layers and re-apply. There goes my Saturday :-)

Dave N
07-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Here`s something I`ve been wondering about lately: How do you really know if sealant X bonds to sealant Y (i.e. Platinum over AIO)?

I put some Zaino over Blackfire, and I can see where the Zaino is because it beads water and the Blackfire sheets. I also put some Zaino over AIO, but I really have no idea if it bonded because this is on a side panel, and water beading seem to be similar between Zaino and AIO (AIO may sheet a little more, but this is on a side panel, so it`s really hard to tell).

How do you guys determine if Platinum has bonded to AIO? By the look?