PDA

View Full Version : Floor mats for the Midwestern winter

Boongie
07-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Hi all:

I am not sure where this post belongs, but here is the question. Even though summer just started, I am thinking ahead to the usable miserable winters that are coming. I have a Grand Caravan with factory carpeted floor mats but would like to find something that offers more protection from snow, slush, and road salt. Any suggestions?

Thanks

HellrotCi
07-10-2002, 01:50 PM
Go to Weathertech.com for your rubber floor matts.

83Esprit
07-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Costco has some cheap ones that are pretty decent. The have fairly deep tracks to catch the snow, water, and dirt.

samiam513
07-10-2002, 03:10 PM
do what offraoders do. Make it a wash n wear van.

Take out all teh carpet in the van and spray in rhino lining. When it gets dirty you just hose it off.

Ok now logically, there are good rubber matts at walmart!

Malibu
07-10-2002, 07:32 PM
I used the Weathertech mats when I lived in Michigan. They worked great!

Mike

aljo
07-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Goto Costco. They have PantSaver brand mats which are larger than the PantSaver`s @ Walmart. They are also cheaper.

They have deep grooves for all the water to go into as well. But the main thing is to always tap your feet outside before you set foot on your mats. Also drive with the air on your toes as well so that will help with evapouration. But beware of fogging...

C. Charles Hahn
07-10-2002, 09:00 PM
I found a set of carpet ones that I can hose off just like rubber without any problems for $20 at autozone.... they fit perfect in my Blazer... :up