PDA

View Full Version : How hot is it?? Look at these!

imported_BretFraz
07-10-2002, 01:32 PM
We had a passing t-storm in NE Atlanta today and my car was outside. Since it`s already plenty hot and humid I thought I`d take a few pics and use my meat thermometer to show how hot things really get.

This is my weather station showing outdoor temp in the shade, along with the indoor temp and other info. Outside its in the 80s in the shade.

imported_BretFraz
07-10-2002, 01:34 PM
I`m holding my meat thermometer in the air while standing in my driveway. The camera focused on the background and not the gauge so that`s why its a bit blurry.

Steve @ Guru
07-10-2002, 01:38 PM
You know, you really should try to find a job...your early retirement is making you a bit wacko. :D

J/K, as usual. Atlanta heat ownz j0000!

I`m holding my meat thermometer while standing in the driveway

Isn`t that illegal???

PS: Driving home from Fayetteville last night at 9:45pm, the temp was 92F...argggg.

imported_BretFraz
07-10-2002, 01:39 PM
This pic is with the thermometer being held on a dry part of my trunk while the car is in the sun.

imported_BretFraz
07-10-2002, 01:41 PM
OK, here it is. This pic is with the thermometer probe in a little rain drop puddle on my trunk. I just let it sit there until it stabilized. BTW, that`s Z5FX x3 and Z2FX x 3 on that trunk. Applied approx 8 weeks ago. Z7 washed two days ago.

You decided whether the Zaino is holding up well to high heat and humidity.

rbasales
07-10-2002, 02:14 PM
Good wax job though ;)

Later, Yasir

laynlow
07-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Its 97 in Tulsa right now and the heat index is 104F

imported_seres
07-10-2002, 04:39 PM
Well, guys, I just had to share my state of the art weather center with you!! This is on my desk above my computer........

Weather Center (http://www.geocities.com/shanninic/weathercenter.JPG)

:D

imported_BretFraz
07-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Ed,

That one looks hard core. Is it the one with the multiple sensors, rain cup, weather vane, and the whole 9 yards?

Mine is the basic station with the single sensor. Got it for $50 at Costco (:D Steve!!). They were also selling the multi-sensor pro station for like $450-500.

One day I`ll go for the big kahuna but having this basic one is nice.

Malibu
07-10-2002, 08:00 PM
So Cal`s getting hit with a nice heat wave right now. Yesterday it was over 100 in the San Fernando Valley. This is why I`m moving to the beach. The temp readout in my car went from the high 80s at my house to over 100 in the valley to 75 in Santa Monica. Ahhh, I can`t wait. :up

Mike

wlhump
07-10-2002, 10:56 PM
I`m a long time reader, first time poster, and learning a lot. But I couldn`t pass up this one.

Here in Laredo, Tx we`re thinking about putting on coats. You see the highs down here this week have only been in the upper 90s. Normally by now we are knocking off 105 to 110 every day. The lows are generally over 75. Heck, the water in the pool runs about 90 by late July.

Its almost impossible to not get water spots because the cars dry almost instantly at that temp with the 20% humidity. But , with ya`alls help, I`m getting better at truly clean cars