PDA

View Full Version : Anyone herd of prolong paint sealant?

imported_StyleTEG
07-10-2002, 12:44 PM
http://www.autodetailers.com/images/prolong-paint.jpg

They have this at my local Murrays and I have never herd of it before. My guess is its probably a snakeoil type product, since their other products include engine/tranny/radiator treatments.

Anyone ever herd about it or even tried it?

Its kinda funny that it comes with a spackle type applicator!

Lemonxxs
07-10-2002, 12:47 PM
I saw it at a oil change place.....I think it said it has teflon in it....

BradE
07-10-2002, 12:55 PM
You are right, snakeoil type product. Save your money.

picorrect
07-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ejant

Wonder if they have anything to do with the prolong advertised on TV for Xmas trees.

Yup, same company. Expect to start seeing lawsuits soon. Another Duralube, Slick50, Tornado in the making

imported_Intel486
07-10-2002, 09:06 PM
Was this the product Wax Master 2000 raved about? (or was his name wax master 2002? Can`t remember)

MidLife Cruiser
07-11-2002, 09:22 AM
I got mine for $2.99 @ Big Lots. I wouldn`t call it snake oil, but it`s not the stuff to end all stuff. It sort of reminds me of NuFinish without the harsh smell or cleaners. It`s not a one-step. It can be layered. It protects rather well, but it needs help to stay slick over time (a wax topper or QD). My driveway kept daily driver has two layers of prolong with a topper of #26 and that works for me. Would I put it on my concours exotic garage queen show car? Nope. Would I put it on a reasonably maintained grocery getter to keep it preserved and presentable? Yep. Would I use the handy little applicator? Not in this lifetime! YMMV:D