PDA

View Full Version : Quick HELP - PC Questions...

ClayBartrug
07-10-2002, 09:17 AM
Experimenting for the first time this morning.... A few crucial questions, please answer any or all that you can.... Thanks! :confused:

#1. I`m scared of "burning" the paint... Is this even possible with a PC even on the highest setting? How would I know if I was doing so, while using it?

#2. I`ve read NOT to use two products on ONE pad, is this true...If so, does that mean I need to get mutiple pads for each kind of product I might be applying?

#3. What do you do with the pad once you`re done and it`s colored with the product you just used. ie. I just used SMR and the pad is now Grey. Do I clean it somehow, if so, HOW? Or do I just leave it and designate this as my "SMR Pad"?

I know, lots of Questions...But you guys are the right people for the job.... :D Thanks a ton!

imported_JeffBruce
07-10-2002, 09:32 AM
OK...if you do a search you may find some of the answers

Question

#1. I`m scared of "burning" the paint... Is this even possible with a PC even on the highest setting? How would I know if I was doing so, while using it?

Answer:

Ive read one post and one post only where the PC burned the paint, I believe it was on the spoiler. Other than that ive read no posts on burning the paint with a PC. I have had it up to 6 and never burned the paint....

#2. I`ve read NOT to use two products on ONE pad, is this true...If so, does that mean I need to get mutiple pads for each kind of product I might be applying?

Answer

Use separate pads with different products. I bought several

foams pads..also, the pads take a while to dry out after hand washing them, (do not use dryer).

#3. What do you do with the pad once you`re done and it`s colored with the product you just used. ie. I just used SMR and the pad is now Grey. Do I clean it somehow, if so, HOW? Or do I just leave it and designate this as my "SMR Pad"?

Answer

If you wash the pad immediately after using that should get most if not all the product off...if you let it sit, it will be caked on to it..

After cleaning the pad well i will use it on any products.

jeff

ClayBartrug
07-10-2002, 09:41 AM
thx...Wash pads with Dawn i presume or just water?

imported_JeffBruce
07-10-2002, 09:45 AM
Found the post from redcarguy about the PC and his fiberglass.

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10224&highlight=burn+paint

I take my hose and "jet" spray the product out and then dawn wash in one of my extra buckets..

ClayBartrug
07-10-2002, 10:33 AM
jet spray worked great. Thanks!!! :xyxthumbs Didn`t appear that a dawn wash was necessary...But I did it anyways... This was my VERY first usage of the pad!

thx again