PDA

View Full Version : Polish Aggression

imported_Indy YZF
07-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Or should I say `aggressiveness`? Either way, Ive been told that relatively speaking Meguiars #2 Fine Cut Cleaner is a tad more aggressive than Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish. Where would you guys place 3M Finesse It in terms of aggressiveness?

With a tub of 3M Perfect It II Fine Cut Rubbing Compound, Meguiars FC Cleaner #2, Meguiars DACP, 3M Finesse It, 3M SMR, Meguiars #9 SMR, Meguiars #3 Machine Glaze, Griots Fine Hand Polish and 3M IHG, think I have every level of agressiveness covered for both Machine use and hand.

Would you agree? Sheez...I think I may have gone overboard..Maybe I need to open a store or something.

itsme
07-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Wow, I hope you never have a need for all those polishes.

shaf
07-09-2002, 10:03 PM
LOL, I`m in a wierd mood and read "Polish Aggression" and thought, " Huh? What did the Poles do?!?" :D

Back on-topic: man, that`s a lot of polishes! I think someone here (Brad?) says only two 3M products basically cover 100% of his polishing needs. Their rubbing compound and SMR I believe (not 100% sure about the last one).

Sharkie
07-09-2002, 10:05 PM
Here’s a link to a list Jason made of 3M polishes, hosted by Yosteve : http://www.yostevecarcare.homestead.com/jdcswirl.html

I have FI-2, the 3 Griot’s machine polishes and Meg’s SR #9 2.0 I’d rank them:

Griot’s 1

Griot’s 2 = FI-2

Griot’s 3

Meg’s #9 2.0 (seems like mostly fillers)

How do you like and how do you rank Meg’s DACP? I think Alboston rated it a bit milder than FI-2 and Meg’s site says it has some oils/fillers in it so it’s probably easy to work with.

Adam

FocusRun
07-09-2002, 10:08 PM
do you have some deep seated anger towards swirls? I mean, that`s enough stuff to "un-swirl" tanks, jeep, choppers and planes used in the Gulf war. I don`t even wanna know what your wax collection looks like.

imported_Indy YZF
07-10-2002, 07:37 AM
do you have some deep seated anger towards swirls? I mean, that`s enough stuff to "un-swirl" tanks, jeep, choppers and planes used in the Gulf war. I don`t even wanna know what your wax collection looks like.

Yea. I think so! Since `95 when I had my pewter silver Volvo 850 turbo, to my current White M3, surface scratches of any kind have been the bane of my existance...You know, its like if theres just one more polish out there that I havent tried, well, maybe THAT`s the one that will pave the way to surface finish nirvana...So, I wound up with them all!

Believe it or not, my wax collection is smaller...I just own Blitz, S100 (P21S), Griots Best of Show wax, Meguiars #6 cleaner wax, 3M MOderate Strength Cleaner wax, Mothers Carnauba, and Meguiars Medallion. I think thats all of em.

And, I only have 2 buffers!

And get this...With all this great equipment, I dont even have my own garage...I live in a HI Rise condo, where I have to share a big, multi level, communal garage, with no assigned parking...Still, there are a few outlets in the lower level, and the lignting isnt that bad, so I always can find a good location to work...I also have a rooftop level which is pretty vacant, if I need some good sunlight for anything.

It scares me sometimes how the obsession can make you buy every product under the sun, even though in one lifetime, youll never have the opportunity to use them all up probably..At least, there wont come a surface problem that Im ill prepped for I guess.