PDA

View Full Version : The right tire protectant...

KCPreki11
07-09-2002, 08:29 PM
I was just in the Leatherique thread and saw someone post Ron`s theory on leather. I also saw this:

"The use of a waterborne polymer siloxane or amino functional dressing is the only way possible to protect components of the tire was well as get "the wet tire look". Once this type of dressing is dry, it will repel water be resistant to detergents and don`t attract dust. "

With this said, has anyone researched what`s in the tire gels out there? Do we know what are safe tire gels that have the good ingrediants and not the bad one`s that actually crack and dry the tires? Thanks...

imported_capspackle
07-09-2002, 08:35 PM
I think the only 2 sure-known water based dressings that won`t harm your tires at 303 Aerospace Protectant and Lexol`s Vinylex..

Correct me if i`m wrong about them being water based, but they definetly do not contain to harmful products found in Armor All which turn brown and crack your tires

MikeLS
07-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Zaino! Perfect Tire Gloss!!

Perfectly safe with good protection, excellent shine and longevity!

MX racer
07-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Actually I find Black Magic tire protectant works well. Now I`m not talking about the sparkly stuff, nor the foam or spray. But if you look carefully, you should be able to find their protectant in a gel form. It comes in a bottle and you just put some on a sponge & rub on your tires.

BTW, I`m currently using some cheapo stuff made by ReNu which is supposed to protect from UV Rays and repels water.

Boongie
07-10-2002, 12:44 PM
Since 303 is water based, as safe as it may be on tires, won`t it tend to wear off very quickly? Particularly when driving through the rain?

turnipgreen
07-10-2002, 01:25 PM
I use 303 on my tires. Put it on a week ago and drive daily. When I washed it this week water beaded, and I basically just used a wash towel with Zaino wash to wipe over them. They still look great. I`m pretty sure it rained last week, but I`m not for sure. For me it looks like the great look from 303 lasts through at least one wash and for at least 2 weeks or more.