PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Porsche 912 W/Many Mods For Sale

69-912
07-09-2002, 05:44 PM
I guess all good things must come to an end I need to sell my 912 to buy a home so here goes:

Here is a quick overview of the car:

Less than 70k miles (can`t remember exactly the car is outside I`m inside) :P

Freshly painted last November correctly (fenders, windshield, etc.

removed during paint) As well as new floor pans and new professional new undercoating for long lasting protection.

Exterior: New PPG windshield, new wipers, new battery, new hood and deck lid weather-stripping, new gas flap cable, new Porsche hood crest, Fuchs 15x6 wheels in very good condition.

Mechanical: New Yokohoma AVS DB tires, new front and rear brakes, new battery, KONI rear shocks (a few years old), new battery terminals, exhaust header w/free flow glass pack style muffler (I think it is made by Bursch however not sure), dual Weber carbs w/K&N filters (just rebuilt, synced & tuned last year), oil and filter changed 1,000 milesago, brakes bleed, good clutch, new fan belt & resurfaced pulley, valves recently adjusted, rebuilt pedal assembly with bronze bushings professionally

done by Pelican Parts, new shifter and transmission coupler bushings.

Interior: Blaupunkt Nashville cassette deck with CD changer control, 4-point padded roll cage painted same color as exterior, new RS carpet from Original Fit Interiors professionally installed with matching floor mats, new pedal pads, good headliner and working map lights, tinted windows (done correctly all glass removed), new RJS racing harness on drivers side, seats in excellent condition with no rips or tears, freshly

painted transmission linkage cover, new coverlay dash cover (same texture and appearance as original dash).

All of the latches on this car except the passenger side door work

super smooth, they are so quite and smooth that you can`t really even tell if the rear deck lid, trunk or door has opened. The car also comes with the original spare wheel with a tire that looks to be 1970s era.

This car is an absolute blast to drive! The sound from the exhaust

combined with the feeling of being totally connected with the road

surface is like sensory overload and the car is totally stable with

tight steering and pedal action. I truly regret having to sell the car

however I am trying to purchase a home and need the money, otherwise the car would stay with me forever.

The car does need a few things: Main problem is the transmission it is very hard to get into first gear sometimes it will not go at all however once it`s in it will not jump out of gear or anything just really hard to find 1st. The other problem is with reverse the transmission will not stay in reverse on it`s own you must hold the shifter in position while using the gear then it works fine. I`m not sure what exactly needs to be done here but other

than these two gears the transmission works very smooth and has an excellent clutch feel. Next thing the car needs is front trunk carpet. The carpet has been totally removed and the trunk has been freshly coated and painted. Carpet kits usually run about $80. These are the only two larger problems. Smaller things are: Passenger side door will sometimes not open from the outside (always opensfrom the inside however), glove box will not lock, temperature gauge does not work, clock does not work, deck lid handle is missing a piece of plastic but

still works fine, some chrome pieces have a little rust on them. That’s it.

This car has been stored inside a garage during the winters I have owned it. It has been cared for using only the best auto care products such as Pinnacle Souveran and 303 protectant. It would make an excellent show car (what I intended to do with it)

the car is a piece of Porsche history because it is the only year 912 with a long wheel base and the 1.6L engine. This was the final year of production for the 912 (not including the 912e in 1976). It would also make an awesome auto-x car I just never could get the guts to take a chance on damaging the paint

by hitting a pylon. I have finished all the big stuff on this car and all it needs now are a few minor items to be a basically like new car. This is your chance to buy the car around book value and get all the work I have done for free, so be sure to take advantage of this if you are looking

for a classic Porsche.

Pictures do not do the car justice especially not with my not so good camera. If you would like to receive some higher resolution pictures please feel free to e-mail me I have several I can e-mail.

I am going to include a like new 100% cotton custom fit cover for the car. I paid $150+ for this a few months ago. It fits the car perfectly and is 100% cotton which will not scratch the finish.

I will NOT ship this car mainly because I do not have the time. However I would be more than happy to deliver the car within 40 miles of Lexington, KY. If you have any questions about these terms please feel free to contact me anytime by e-mail I will provide my phone number if needed.

If you are interested e-mail me an offer. Don`t worry I won`t be offended!

Thank you for your time.

C. Charles Hahn
07-09-2002, 06:20 PM
wow..... I wish I could!!