PDA

View Full Version : Protecting truck near beach

John0087
07-09-2002, 12:09 PM
hi all,

I have been using Meg#26 of my GF white truck, but I want to do to something stronger as it is parked outside and we live near th ebeach. My question is, do I need to use both Klasse AIO and selant, of can I get away with using just one of them. If so, which one. Her truck is white, and pretty clean, so we are not looking for ultimate shine, mostly protection. I do clay it every 4-6 months to make sure there is no salty buid-up as well.

Thanks for any info.

John

`01 BMW 330i

`02 Toyota Tacoma (GF`s truck)

ALAN81
07-09-2002, 12:31 PM
THE best way to take care of your car near the beach is to wash it off with a hose 2-3x a week while waxing it at least 1-2x a month(i did it 4x) The salt air is a killer on your paint ,I know my inlaws owed a house on the beach and that`s what I did to keep my car looking nice

imported_BretFraz
07-09-2002, 01:20 PM
Ahhhh, someone from the ol` home town. Nice to see that.

Anyway, unless you live really close to the water like downtown HB or Huntington Harbor, I don`t think you need to use anything special. Regular washing is fine to keep sea salt at bay. Cars today have enough corrosion protection to hold off serious rusting from seaside living.

Klasse is an acrylic sealant and will work fine for your vehicles. It`s easy to use and durable. #26 is a decent carnauba but doesn`t have the durability of a good polymer or acrylic product. Since you don`t want the ultimate shine you can use just AIO and skip the SG. AIO is real easy to use.

Check out Detailing Depot in Costa Mesa for great supplies and products. They`re on Newport Blvd Northbound just past 19th St, IIRC. Only been there once so you might want to call them for directions. Nice people and lots of the good stuff there.

Have some fish tacos at Wahoo`s for me! :D

imported_Tony
07-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Fish tacos... one never stops learning on Autopia.

John0087
07-09-2002, 01:37 PM
I do live near HB Harbour, about 1 mile from the ocean, so I thinlk AIO will be used. I will check out Detailing Depot, hopefully i will not have to order online, as I hate waiting. And i will definately have some fish taco`s, but I prefer Rubio`s.....mmm mmm good.

Thanks

imported_BretFraz
07-09-2002, 04:31 PM
For those who`ve just gotta know:

Rubio`s - They bread and deep fry their fish before chopping it up and putting in a corn tortilla.

Wahoo`s - The grill the fish (no breading) and put it in a corn tortilla with cabbage and pico de gallo.

So both are good, its just a matter of which style you like better.

BTW, the local place for fish tacos (Maui Tacos in Norcross, GA) grills the fish which is what I prefer.

Now I`m hungry......:D

ALAN81
07-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Fish Tacos .................................................I think I will pass but thank you anyway

John0087
07-09-2002, 06:19 PM
Maui Tacos in Norcross, GA

Maui Tacos in GA? Are theythe real Muai tacos to be had in...Maui or posers. Thats pretty good stuff.

Anyways, back to work.

Thanks all for your reply`s

jrush
07-10-2002, 04:44 PM
I live right off Bolsa Chica and Westminster and have no problems with the salt air. I smell the beach, and even get the marine layer but no salt on the car. I don`t think one would need to rinse the car more than once a week in HB.

There`s a new place called Baja Fresh that`s pretty good by the way.