PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good car cover

imported_Gary
07-09-2002, 11:05 AM
While on vacation I will have to leave my car outdoors for 2 weeks. I am thinking of investing in a car cover for protection from bird droppings and tree sap while I am away. I noticed that the prices start around $60 and run past $250. Can anyone suggest an appropiate cover.

nerdhunters
07-09-2002, 07:07 PM
I have Noah car covers and find them very nice they will keep the sap and fird droppings off the car. They were $170 if I remember right.

forrest@mothers
07-09-2002, 09:39 PM
From a material standpoint, the 2 better outdoor materials are Evolution 4 and NOAH. Both are made by Kimberly Clark. They also make a super one for use in extreme sun areas, but I doubt that`s what you`re looking for.

NOAH is 3 layers thick, and Ev4 is 4. You get better door ding protection with Ev4, but it is bulkier. I prefer the Ev4 for its door ding and hail protection abilities.

Generally speaking, you want a custom fit with mirror pockets, and the cable/lock kit so no one steals the cover. Better brands include Covercraft, Wolf, California Car Cover, and Coverking. I`m sure there are more.

I own indoor and outdoor covers for all my cars, and wouldn`t dream of leaving a car at the airport or in a store parking lot without the cover on.

imported_Gary
07-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the information. In my research both the Noah and the Evolution looked like good bets. It`s good to have confirmation from users.