PDA

View Full Version : New paint job....opinions on how to keep it that way!!!

chaotik
07-08-2002, 11:29 PM
I just had my Mustang repainted after almost a year of getting everything just the way I wanted it. And I want to keep it that way.

It was painted using House of Kolor Silver White pearl. It was a fully monochromatic paint job...including the wheels. (sorry no pis as of now though)

And I was wondering what everyone does (washing/waxing routine, products, etc) they use to keep their cars looking perfect. I am pretty new to the site...but I love to have a clean car. So...if you do leave me any help/advice, etc.....please bont use abbreviations for the names...I wont have any idea what you are talking about:nixweiss

THANKS FOR THE HELP.....LOVING THIS SITE ALREADY!!!!

drewski59
07-09-2002, 02:20 AM
Welcome to the forum!:wavey

When I got my new car, I wanted to keep the paint looking brand new for as long as I could.

My answer is Zaino.:xyxthumbs

As for protection and durability, most people here agree it can`t be beat! And, it`ll give you a great shine that`ll stay for months and months!

Read more here:

www.zainobros.com

;)

imported_BretFraz
07-09-2002, 10:23 AM
Welcome to Autopia.

What it sounds like you need is a total detailing regimen, not just a product suggestion or two. Detailing is not just about products and the more experienced detailers will tell you it`s about technique, experience, and knowledge. Products become less and less of an issue as your knowledge base expands.

I highly recommend the purchase of the Autopia Guide to Detailing. It`s has tons of info on not only what to use but how to use it and when. It`ll answers most of your general questions and help you decide what to buy and how to use it.

Check out the e-book here: www.autopia-carcare.com

If you want to learn more about all the products out there and how they compare to one another, the definitive source is The Wax Test. Not only did they compare and test over 40 different products but they offer a ton of great tips and tricks to make those products work. Have a look here: www.thewaxtest.org

With these two publications you`ll have lots of material to use as a foundation of information. Keep reading posts here at Autopia as they will help you with specific solutions to specific problems.

Hope this helps. Good luck.