PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Quick Wax?

Pages : [1] 2

thevolvoguy
07-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Has anyone ever tried the Meguiars Quick Wax spray? I saw it at target for like $3.00 next to the QD. Thought about getting some but didnt want to take the risk of it being crap.

Would it hurt the Zymol and Zaino I have on the car now? I think it said it contains so silicones (not sure though) and it does contain carnauba.

Is it anything like the new E1 WAYD(wax as you dry)?

:confused:

imported_dl9589
07-08-2002, 09:38 PM
I have some...I typically do a Quick Detail, and spray some of that on my wifes car, does a half way decent job, just used some Meguiars Gold Class on her car about a month and a half ago and it`s still beading up real good, and her car sits outside 24/7 and is daily driven...pick it up and give it a shot for that price.

It seems to make the carnuba wax last a bit longer if you use it regularly.

thevolvoguy
07-08-2002, 09:41 PM
Well QD will make a carnauba last longer... I guess it would be a good product for people who dont wax often. Not for me... obviously. :p

imported_dl9589
07-08-2002, 09:42 PM
It`s not for me either, I wax quite often, but the wife doesn`t like cleaning her car...seems to make the finish a bit slicker after you do the QD then that quick wax.

C. Charles Hahn
07-08-2002, 09:46 PM
I used to use it as a part of the "hand wash" service for my customers if they brought the car back to me after one of my "full details"..... I`d put either the Deep Crystal Step 3 Carnauba or #26 on (as time went on and I learned more.... you get the idea)

and then when they came back I`d do a GC wash, followed by drying it, doing an application of the QW, then QDing.....

It would make the wax more durable, and the customer wouldn`t have to get the car re-waxed as often. They definitely noticed me doing it....

I have seen cars (mainly the ones I used the DC carnauba on, surprisingly) get 3-4, and a couple even 5 months out of one coat of the wax, when treated weekly with the QW, and QDed daily.

(I also had a vehicle which basically sat in my driveway with a coat of DC step 3 on it, which I did this frequency of washing and QDing.... note the car wasnt being driven at all..... and got a whopping 6 months out of the wax.... still beading like brand new.... :shocked )

imported_Clark
07-08-2002, 10:21 PM
I like to use it for a quick and easy layer of protection on the front facing surfaces when I don`t have time to "really" wax like after a mid-week MF and water cleanup or just before a long freeway trip. I hit the mirrors, front bumper and front quarter of the roof.

shaf
07-08-2002, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know if any of these spray waxes like Quik Wax and Turtle Wax Express Shine and Rain-X Fast Wax have any cleaning power? Or are they straight (really diluted) wax?

Just wondering since I see them for the same price as QD once in a while and I wonder if it`d make a good "touchup" wax like SLD uses it, except I`d be using it for a topper. I don`t want to use it if it has any cleaners though since it might damage the sealants I use...

thevolvoguy
07-09-2002, 06:47 AM
I don`t think any of them have cleaners... I belive they are mostly some compound of liquid carnauba... but they must have a really really low content... maybe 5 or 10% at most. Just check the back it will most likely tell you. I wouldnt use the TW... it sucks bigtime.(a lot worse than most of their other waxes) Oh well just my 2 cents. :wavey

BTW: Shiny -- I think I will try the meguiars on my customers cars. It sounded like it worked for you. :xyxthumbs

corvettez
07-09-2002, 07:06 AM
I thought the EO Wax as u dry was thicker in consistency than the Quick wax, it reminded me of Clear Pearl. I tried the QW and didn`t like it for the price, too smeary in my opinion. The thicker Wax as u dry buffed out a lot easier than the QW. I was trying a couple of the spray waxes during the winter to see how they`d work as a QD. I don`t think either has much cleaning ability beyond light dust, finger prints, bird droppings etc... and I wouldn`t depend on any of the QDs for any form of protection! I agree with SLD in the sense that the QD will extend the shine but I wouldn`t count on it for much beyond that, just my opinion :)

touhy
07-09-2002, 09:37 AM
I don`t think these products contain any abrasive type cleaners but they all must have some surfactants in them to lubricate the surfaces.

MX racer
07-09-2002, 07:06 PM
Don`t confuse Quik Detailer with Quick Detailer...I used to use Meguiar`s products EXCLUSIVELY before I found this site, and any spray begining with Quik is their burgandy/consumer line or as I say, non-enthusiast line. Only use QUICK Detailer or Final Inspection. Quick Detailer contains wax with Final Inspection does not...they are very close in price. I think Meguiar`s has Quick and Quik products to fool people that don`t know much about car care into thinking they are getting something they aren`t. I`m not bashing the burgandy line or anything...it just wasn`t good enough for me, and I don`t think most people on this forum would be satisifed with it either. Only buy stuff that says Mirror Glaze Line or Professional Body Shop Line.

thevolvoguy
07-09-2002, 08:17 PM
tbly -- I disagree. I have used every QD on the market from the Meguiars Quik Detailer you were refering to @ $3.99 to EFCP at $20.

There is no BAD QD product IMHO. It just depends on what your uses for it are. The "Quik Detailer" in the burgandy bottle contains certain silicones(along with most other QDs) which is not so great with sealants, but is just fine with carnaubas. However, it wont hurt either.

I prefer Meguiars #34, Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer, or Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl. However, I still have a stock supply of the burgandy stuff too. I think it works just fine, just not on my Zainoed cars. :wavey

MX racer
07-09-2002, 08:53 PM
Well, like my post said, I`m not bashing the burgandy bottle stuff...it just wasn`t good enough for me. I too use #34 (which is Mirror Glaze Line) and I buy it by the gallon jugs. The only reason I said to stay away from it, is that in your opening post you stated you had Zaino on the car, and as you said in the previous post the QUIK Detailer is not good for that. So in a way you disagreed with me, but also said the same thing as me.

thevolvoguy
07-09-2002, 08:56 PM
alrighty... my mistake :bounce

MX racer
07-09-2002, 09:11 PM
LOL, well, you should put some pics of your toilet seat on your photo album. I want to see the beading water. I`m tempted to bust out the PC on my toilet.