PDA

View Full Version : 1973 VW Beetle Convertable

thevolvoguy
07-08-2002, 08:51 PM
Well I got what I considered to be a fun project today. I helped restore a neglected `73 VW Bette Convertable by detailing it. It only took about 3 hours w/ the orbital and some help from the owner. It was pretty satisfying when I finished claying and the clay was brown. Camera couldnt capture the shine it had, probably because of glare... anyway I was very pleased with the results and of corse... being the nice guy that I am... I didnt ask for money. :wavey

http://imageevent.com/thevolvoguy/volvo850?n=0

Scroll down to the bottom, couldnt figure out how to make a new album.

imported_seres
07-08-2002, 09:01 PM
What an awesome car!! I`ve always loved those old VW convertibles!! Looks super! :up

TurboCat
07-08-2002, 09:33 PM
That is so cool! I love that particular style of the Beetle. I remember seeing convertibles that same color of red, with a caramel colored rag top. Those were sweet!

:cool:

GP Infinity
07-08-2002, 09:48 PM
why do you hate Houston? I lived there for 35 years and loved it.. I now live in Dallas, but what gives?

dboat

thevolvoguy
07-08-2002, 09:56 PM
lol dboat... Houston is a great place to live... don`t get me wrong. Just not a great place to detail. I set my text after I had been waxing literally ALL DAY in 100% humidity and 94 degree temps so I wasnt in a great mood anyway. Plus its too big. Took me nearly 2 hours in traffic to get from Katy to Clear Lake. My poor dad does it everyday.

Oh well, I guess I should change it... kinda makes me look like a bum. :nixweiss

:wavey

GP Infinity
07-08-2002, 10:01 PM
I grew up in Clear Lake, graduated from Clear Lake High and UH-Clear Lake.. I know about the humidity, but most people just dont understand that you have almost everything there.. my ***** about it was that it seemed to rain at least once a week so keeping your car clean was a B....

I then used to go to Bubbles car wash because if it rained you got another wash for free.. you know where I am going with this one..

anyway, I have a lot of friends there and do miss it on occassion.. there are those that think I am crazy though..

dboat

corvettez
07-09-2002, 11:14 AM
Nice looking work on the VW :up . The car looks like it`s in great shape too, your work has given it that "classic" look. A friend of mine had that same year and model but in the blue back then and that`s what I learned to drive a stick shift on!

Nice work :xyxthumbs