PDA

View Full Version : Really confused about all of the negative

spotter
07-08-2002, 05:02 PM
feedback about Blackfire. I have done 3 cars in the last few weeks and there are several things that I really like about BF:

1. Easy on - Easy off. It has been over 90 every day and the humidity has been around 60-70% and it does not create any problems whatsoever.

2. No cure times. Put it on - wait about 20 seconds - buff (wipe) it off. Do the next layer right on top of the last without any waiting.

3. Deep, wet look like a carnuba wax.

DUST

I have not seen ANY problem with dust. I wonder if the people reporting a dust problem are topping the Blackfire with a carnuba wax that attracts dust. I have one car that does not need another detail yet that has carnuba wax (Collinite) and this car has much more dust than the cars with Blackfire. However, I don`t consider it a big deal since the Calif Car Duster gets this off in less than 1 minute each morning.

DURABILITY

I can`t say how long the Blackfire will last. My wife`s car is in a garage at home and at work so I expect it will last a long time. Even if it only lasts 3 months I will be thrilled because I can put another layer of polish and a couple of layers of sealer protectant on within a couple of hours. I probably won`t be able to wait that long before putting another layer on anyway. Just don`t see durability being a problem either.

IMHO Blackfire looks as good or better than either Klasse or Zaino due to the deep carnuba look and is easier to apply because of the idiot proof nature of the application process. Wipe on - Wipe off. No curing or hazing and easy application in hot humid weather is what I need where I live.

Jngrbrdman
07-08-2002, 05:24 PM
I`m with you on that. I love Blackfire! Never had a problem with it yet. And I agree on the durability issue 100%!

imported_BretFraz
07-08-2002, 07:05 PM
Outlaw,

You have hit on all the high points of BF. Those are the exact reasons people should and do use it. It`s not a copy of Zaino or carnauba but sort of a blend of both in terms of appearance. It`s easier to use than the Klasse twins, lasts longer than most carnaubas, and is less complex and less expensive than Zaino. So for many people its a perfect balance compared to the other products mentioned.

jkochis
07-08-2002, 07:26 PM
The negativity that sticks out in my mind is the durability reports, and to me (and I`ll be bold and assume others), that is one of the most important features of a sealant.

Dust, well, I take those reports with a grain of salt unless the two cars being compared follow each other everywhere.

Easy on, easy off...hmmm, well, that`s nice. But they also sell "artificial smoke" flavorings for cooking meat, and well, the old slow way seems better to me. Not a valid comparision, but maybe there is actually a correlation between time and durability.

Jngrbrdman
07-08-2002, 08:02 PM
I think it can be put that if durablility is a problem for you and you are looking for a sealant that you can apply once and then leave it be for 5 or 6 months, then Blackfire is not for you. If you are like most Autopians and plan on layering it once or twice a month, then what difference does it make if the product lasts for 3 months or 6? You`ll never see it wear off anyway. Most Autopians keep their coats fresh enough that they don`t have to worry about how long it will last. More than likely they`ll strip it down and try a different system before it has time to wear out anyway.