PDA

View Full Version : What do you do between coats?

imported_Clark
07-08-2002, 04:17 PM
I have seen many of you talking about waiting a day between coats of your favorite product. What do you do to the surface before starting the second coat? Even just staying in the garage our cars pick up dust and other nasty items (any other pet owners out there). Do you do a quick, no soap wash, a fast wipe with a bit of water on a MF towel...???

Jngrbrdman
07-08-2002, 04:24 PM
I always wash my car between coats. Better safe than sorry and it really doesn`t take that long to do.

spotter
07-08-2002, 04:46 PM
That is one thing I like about the Blackfire. I don`t have to wait at all between layers. I can put on a new layer every 30-40 minutes.

shaf
07-08-2002, 06:10 PM
Even though my car sits in a carport, I dusted it off with a CCD and gave it a thorough (but gentle) wipedown with QD. This seems to work okay and the CCD takes care of most of the dust. I can tell if I did a good job at this or not when I`m applying because the dust I missed gets picked up on the applicator. Done right it`s only slightly less thorough than washing. Once I did a crappy job (before I used the CCD) and had to change applicators pronto and do it again.

I know there`s some risk of dirt, but one thing I hated about washing then applying SG was the tiny pockets of water that like to hide everywhere until your applicator runs them over. This meant an extra-careful, and therefore extra tedious, drying session - which is one of my least favourite activities.