PDA

View Full Version : Paint on BMW bumpers

vdubrick
07-08-2002, 10:31 AM
Hello Dear Members,

A dream is coming true. I have found an orbital polisher here, it will be delivered next week :) Wooohoooo !!!!

OK, back to topic :

I have washed my car today and was inspecting the paint to prepare an Autopian Attack Plan on the swirls when I get my polisher :D

The bumpers on my BMW are plastic (I think they`re plastic, no? - MY 2000) . But what about the paint on it? Are they clear-coated too ? Does the rub-the-polish-and-check-the-towel trick would work to see whether they have clear or not ?

Another question ; When polishing the hood with an orbital, what do you do to protect the BMW roundel ? Mask it with tape ?

Thanks in advance

Deckard

blackrex
07-08-2002, 03:43 PM
Its all clear coated. I just polish the roundel along with everything else, never had a problem.

the shine shop
07-08-2002, 07:26 PM
:D i have a 540 and you don`t have to worry about the bumpers with an orbital,you won`t generate enough heat to wrinkle the paint.i would tape off the roundel,it saves time cleaning up.

good luck

mike

Detailing NY
07-08-2002, 07:45 PM
your fine with it

tonysandiego
07-08-2002, 08:17 PM
I never bother taping off the roundel. They look even better after a treatment of Finees-It, Pinnacle and Zaino!:xyxthumbs