PDA

View Full Version : Autopians in Houston?

ZL1Mark
07-07-2002, 09:40 PM
I`ve been exhaustively reading through all the old threads here, very glad to have all this collective wisdom! I`ve finally bit the bullet & ordered a PC, CMA kit, SMR, etc etc.

Question is: anyone here in Houston who wouldn`t mind my observing while you use your PC on a car? I can read all the usual tips `till I`m cross-eyed, but nothing beats being able to see someone *do* it live. My main car is an ugly mass of swirls (am putting down the CWB!), and while I have a daily driver I can practice/learn on I`d still like to try & start off on the right foot by observing someone w. experience.

many thanks,

RNH

DrewD
07-08-2002, 08:23 AM
I used to live in Houston, In fact I`m there almost every other weekend. I`m up in Austin now... it`s a nice refreshing change.

To your point... I do own a PC but I have not yet used it. I`m planning on it this week and next. Perhaps give me a few weeks to try it out and if you haven`t found anyone else yet, I`d be happy to meet up in Houston some weekend.

ZL1Mark
07-09-2002, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Drew. Austin`s certainly a better place to be than Houston, that`s for sure.

I`d be happy to take you up on your offer - am a bit bummed my thread got moved to the Autopia U board... not sure it`ll get noticed before it scrolls out of sight :(

imported_Tony
07-09-2002, 11:52 AM
I am new to the PC sorry but there are two videos on the subject. One on the Meguiars site and David has a video on this site. Do a search because these videos are very helpful.

Good Luck

The volvoguy has a detail shop in Houston. Send him a personal message. Oh yes, he is an Autopian.

ZL1Mark
07-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Thanks!! I remember seeing a short web video demonstrating its use quite a while ago, but had been unable to find it again. I`ll check it out.