PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer????

mdbennes
07-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Anyone here use a pressure washer to detail cars? If so, what is the recommended PSI that will do a good job and is LOWE`s or Sears a good place to get one? Thanks...

Mike

kartoon
07-14-2004, 04:34 PM
I have one but only use it to remove heavy buildup or clean the wheel wells and not for regular washing.
I wouldn`t use on a car any pressure washer with more than 1500 PSI(and cannot be adjusted) after I washed my deck and experienced it`s power.
Anything that`s available locally will probably be fine, whether it`s Karcher, Campbell Hausfeld, Husky(Home Depot) or something else.

Beemerboy
07-14-2004, 05:21 PM
I have one that I use for wells and things like that. Its a kracher (sp) I got at home depot for about 150 its electric and works just fine for me. It has a sprayer for the car also buit I don`t use it for that

Clean Dean
07-14-2004, 07:03 PM
I still use everyday since 2002 !!! Same model for sale at Sams for $299. I only use a water tank with her, and I cannot believe how well she is holding up !!!

foris2
07-14-2004, 07:55 PM
I use a Karcher 1600 psi electric and it works great. I don`t think you should ever use anything any stronger on a vehicle. If you do you definately need to adjust your distance from your work.

FiveOhMustang
07-14-2004, 07:58 PM
hey clean dean do you have any more info on that pressure washer unit???? also how did you hook her up to the tank

Clean Dean
07-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I`ll PM you within the next 24 hours. I got yor previous PM and I haven`t had the chance to sit down and write you back. Also, PM me your e-mail address and i`ll send you a couple of pics of my set-up.

ron`s
07-15-2004, 07:59 AM
How many cars per day are you going to wash? Is this a full time job? I have been washing and detailing for over 10years now and when I first started I looked for the best cheap pressure washer I could find. It cost me money in the long run. I tryed the cheap electric ones 200.00 or less and the cheap gas ones. I curently have a gas powered Honda with an AR (brass) pump. You can purchase the same one at Home Depot for $699.00 with a Cat pump witch is top of the line. My unit is over five years old is used every day and has only required regular mantinace. Your PSI can be controled with a higher priced unit. I only use 1000 psi or less.
Good luck.

mdbennes
07-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the info....I will be doing it part time, as I have for the past 2 years. I am active duty Air Force right now, and might do this full time when I retire in about 10 years:)

Thanks again for all the help...

Mike

rollman
07-18-2004, 02:58 PM
I`ve been reading some reviews on some pressure loose problems with a few of the Karcher models. I dont know how true these reviews are , but I did notice alot of refurbished units on Ebay lately . Whether this has to do with a sudden return of problem units back to the company I don`t know. It do make me think though.

I do know Karcher makes some tough very reliable power washer . Problems I guess can happen with any of them.