PDA

View Full Version : Stripping Klasse

Pages : 1 [2]

shaf
07-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Rednoj

I was thinking about this problem too. Since Klasse is a(n) acrylic/polymer based material... do you guys think going to an art store to find acrylic and/or polymer paint remover would be a possible solution? Wouldn`t running to the local dollar store and buying a couple bottles of alcohol for $2 be much easier and cheaper? :confused:

OriginalDeuce
07-09-2002, 09:20 PM
true true. But I was under the impression that there wasn`t much stuff out there that can completely remove Klasse. :D

imported_Blake
07-12-2002, 11:26 AM
There`s another thread that says "Mothers Sealer/Glaze" removes Klasse. Forrest has verified this saying that some part of the "carrier" is not compatible with Klasse. Looks like a much easier route than alcohol or Prepsol.

imported_Dude
07-12-2002, 11:44 AM
An arcrylic paint remover might be safe...but do you really want to put PAINT REMOVER on your car`s paint? Auto paints are very tough- and consequently are very difficult to remove- but do you REALLY want to try paint remover?

83Esprit
07-12-2002, 11:51 AM
Wow! Makes me feel good to know that I am using a product that is so durable and bonds so well.

Kelly

OriginalDeuce
07-12-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Dude

but do you REALLY want to try paint remover?

That was my question in the original post. I was wondering if it would harm the paint, or the clear coat at least.

JasonC8301
07-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Will 3M IHG or Meguiar`s #7 remove Klasse?

I do not want to get another bottle of glaze (Mother`s Sealaner and glaze) but if I have to, I can, but I have 3M IHG, Meguiar`s #7, and PPCL to work with.

I want to use either #7 or IHG to remove Klasse because the silver BMW I detail has no swirls, and I want to convert it to Zaino in a week or two.

Jason