PDA

View Full Version : Z`d today!

Pages : [1] 2

Travlinlght
07-06-2002, 09:44 PM
I must say, what a product! It was my first time using Zaino. I dawn washed, clayed, dawnwashed again. Then applied 3 coats Z5 zfx, with Z6 between coats. It does take a little time to do it all. My car is black and she looks like a mirror. I`ve never used any type of polish like Zaino before. It`s almost like I applied a second clear coat layer. Prep work is extrememly important to a great result. The Z products don`t remove anything,(water spots little stains, etc.) The Z wil just seal them in. It takes me a little more time to make sure all the water spots are dryed off completely. Especially on black!

I used 1.5 oz. for the three coats. The first coat went on a bit heavy untill i got used to the product and dampened the applicator a little more. I found the Z came off pretty easy but not real easy. The finish is slick as ice.

I was concerned about some minor swirl markes that I had. The Z5 seemed to hide them pretty well. Yuo have to look real hard to find those minor marks and swirls now. Overall I`m extremely impressed. Z seems like a perfectly clear shell on the car. You can really tell that it does layer itself coat after coat.

I have Z2 that i think I`m might apply tomorrow.

Will the Z2 help the gloss even more on black?

or should I just stay with the Z5?

When i go to apply future coats do I need to use zfx or can i just apply the Z5/2.

Redcar GUY
07-06-2002, 10:03 PM
I like Z5 better than Z2, I use it all the time!

Next, you can apply just Z5 with out the ZFX, it will just take longer to dry/cure

Glad to hear you like the Z stuff!

imported_killerjg
07-06-2002, 10:30 PM
Some days I do not feel like using Zfx so I often will just put a coat of 2 or 5 on.

It`s a great product!

samiam513
07-06-2002, 10:59 PM
now you`ll have to deal with people talking to you bout your car`s shine. Soo sad for us zaino users :p

You`ll love the results even more

you`ll love the compliments you get also.

Travlinlght
07-07-2002, 08:21 AM
My car is a garage queen, so the dawn wash, claying etc. will probably be a once a year thing. I would like to however apply coats periodically.can you apply too many coats?

Is there a point where you should strip off the coats and start fresh?

buldog
07-07-2002, 08:45 AM
I agree with the Z5 vs. Z2 difference. I had applied 3 coats of Z2 then 3 coats of Z5. I thought it was looking pretty good but I couldn`t resist after washing and qd`ing this morning I applied another coat of Z2.

Imo the Z5 as a final coat looked better on my hood. Every other panel on the car I cannot really tell the diff.

I can`t believe I`ve got 7 coats on already. I think I`ll put on one more of Z5 and let her go until the fall.

C. Charles Hahn
07-07-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Mags GN

My car is a garage queen, so the dawn wash, claying etc. will probably be a once a year thing. I would like to however apply coats periodically.can you apply too many coats?

Is there a point where you should strip off the coats and start fresh?

you don`t need to re-do your dawn wash after first applying Z. As for claying once a year - thats no problem.

No, there is no limit to how many coats you can build up..... I know one guy who has over 100+ coats on his black firebird, and near-to-over 200+ on his silver T/A. He is a Z distributor himself, and was involved in the testing phases of ZFX - I would trust his judgement. :up

Antonio Wright
07-07-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

you don`t need to re-do your dawn wash after first applying Z. As for claying once a year - thats no problem.

No, there is no limit to how many coats you can build up..... I know one guy who has over 100+ coats on his black firebird, and near-to-over 200+ on his silver T/A. He is a Z distributor himself, and was involved in the testing phases of ZFX - I would trust his judgement. :up

I am a zaino lover myself. Now lets be honest.. Over 200 coats on one and over 100 coats on the other car?? Don`t you think that is to much?? Does he REALLY see the difference with 200 coats?

C. Charles Hahn
07-07-2002, 10:10 AM
I`ll have to see if I can find a link to pics of his cars....... honestly, I think there IS something to be gained from that many coats.... :nixweiss:

C. Charles Hahn
07-07-2002, 10:23 AM
here we go:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4013/firehawk.html

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4013/ta.html

:xyxthumbs

Redcar GUY
07-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Antonio Wright

I am a zaino lover myself. Now lets be honest.. Over 200 coats on one and over 100 coats on the other car?? Don`t you think that is to much?? Does he REALLY see the difference with 200 coats?

I had over 100 coats on the SS..

imported_chris
07-07-2002, 12:53 PM
I just my Zaino 3 weeks ago. I only have 5 coats on my RSX. Is 100 or more coats that much better? .....Although, I find myself making excuses to keep applying another coat.

imported_chris
07-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Another..........

C. Charles Hahn
07-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Redcar GUY

I had over 100 coats on the SS..

yup - not to mention that you know the guy I`m referring to, too ;)

Redcar GUY
07-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Hugh27

I just my Zaino 3 weeks ago. I only have 5 coats on my RSX. Is 100 or more coats that much better? .....Although, I find myself making excuses to keep applying another coat.

I did a RSX not long ago, this is with 2 coats of Z5/ZFX. I think that you can never have to may coats of Z.. this is just my .02$

http://www.cqc.com/~adrian/RSX5.jpg