PDA

View Full Version : MF shedding?

imported_Indy YZF
07-06-2002, 02:05 PM
This only seems to happen to me when cleaning either windshields or eyeglasses, but some of my microfiber towels seem to be shedding tiny fibers...At first, I thought they were streaking...They were leaving very tiny, sparkly, short, fibers maybe a half mm or smaller in length. I thought they were scratching, but this went against common sense, and I was able to wipe them away with tissue.

Has anybody experienced anything like this? I cant tell, but is it possible this only happens after theyve been washed? I havent gotten my Pakshak ones yet, so all i own is NeatItems MF so far. I wash them with nothing extra than detergent. Why is this happening? And, do they all do this?

PakShak
07-06-2002, 03:35 PM
Hi Paul,

What you are actually seening is loose microfilaments that are being pulled away from the micro fiber towel. If the micro fiber towel is wet and is used on windows or mirrors there could be a tendency of loose microfilaments to be left on the windows. Occassional, with the pakshak micro fiber towels, I too would see as you have described "short" fibers on the windows. I only notice this when the windows are wet or the micro fiber towel is wet. What I do then is get a dry micro fiber towel and it picks it right up.

What brand of detergent are you using? How are you currently drying your micro fiber towels? Machine dry (what temperature level) or line dry.

With Aloha,

Ranney

imported_Indy YZF
07-06-2002, 05:17 PM
Hi Ranney...Youre absolutely right about it only happening when moist...For example, if I just clean my eyeglasses with a dry mf, no problem...But if I breath on them to steam them up, then I`ll see the microfilaments. Or, only after I spray my windshield polish. I usually moisten these surfaces first because Im afraid of scratching the glass or plastic (eyeglasses) if I use the cloth dry.

As for washing them I just use Tide, on regular cycle...I then dry them in the dryer, but usually not til completely dry...I get them almost dry in the dryer, and then I`ll air dry the rest of the way.

Thanks Ranney.