PDA

View Full Version : What to use on wheels?

Beach15
07-05-2002, 10:14 PM
What do you guys use on your wheels after cleaning them? Wax? A polymer? Something else?

So far, I`ve used some Meguiar`s wax on car, and some Klasse SG on some silver painted wheels. I have Klasse, Platinum, Zaino, and a couple cheap waxes. What`s best to use for the best shine and durability? Some Klasse or Zaino?

Just checking in case I get a car to detail with some expensive chrome mags some day! That, and I`d just like to know in general.:up

imported_dl9589
07-05-2002, 10:42 PM
I use some stuff I picked up at the Auburn Cord Dusenburg called "Z Best Wax"...works incredibly well on chrome and anything plastic...great wax too, Carnuba based and last around 4 months on average. (On a daily driven car).

JasonC8301
07-05-2002, 10:46 PM
Z Best Wax, I actually have some of that in my junk collection, next to TW heavy duty RC, Rain-X (will use it again uisng Jngrbrdman`s method.)

I would clean with Ef Hi-intensity (strength depending on wheel condition) then klasse AIO (and maybe clay), then 1X SG.

Jason

imported_dl9589
07-05-2002, 10:48 PM
Only thing I don`t really like about it is that it has no slickness to it, but a decent shine...easy on and easy off....decent stuff.

JasonC8301
07-05-2002, 10:51 PM
I used it a few times on some beater cars, I usally applied NuFinish then some Z-best for some more shine, worked pretty good but smelled like chemicals (solvents.) Now I smell like bubble gum and fruits after detailing :)

imported_dl9589
07-05-2002, 10:53 PM
LOL...I have a bottle and a half left of it, been using it on my wifes vehicle, she doesn`t like to wash it, or take care of it. Apply it every couple of months and it`s good enough for her and me, plus it doesn`t take me a great deal of time to apply it to her car.

Redcar GUY
07-05-2002, 10:53 PM
I use Z on the chromes, and on my old painted wheels on the SS. I like it:)