PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Covers

tkr128
07-05-2002, 08:30 PM
I`ve been following the boards for a while now and i`ve gotten some great tips from you guys. I have some questions I hope someone can answer. Those of you with hubcaps (wheel covers), how do you keep them looking new? Thanks.

JasonC8301
07-05-2002, 08:57 PM
I take them off and give them a good cleaning with a wheel cleaner such as EF Hi-intensity. then put some sealant on them, then put it back onto the wheel.

Comes out nice and clean,

Jason

PS 1999 Corolla LE, same one my godmother has! I will give it a full Zaino treatment soon (been using Meguiar`s #26 on it till 2001 when I gave it Klasse. Klasse has been on the car for about a year, needs a good spring cleaning anyway (still shiny though.))

tkr128
07-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Thanks...

My car is silver and I`ve been using GC on it since new, I already ordered Zaino and plan on trying it out soon. One more question, is Meguiars #9 2.0 going to leave a lot of fillers in my paint? I`ll need to dawn after using it to apply Zaino, so if it does, back to Pep Boys it goes.

Thanks again!

JasonC8301
07-05-2002, 09:47 PM
#9 has fillers in it. It will remove some swirls (the light ones) and lighten/fill the deeper ones. I would keep it.

After any polishing I would dawn, then Zaino away.

Zaino review

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11010

Jason

Redcar GUY
07-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

I take them off and give them a good cleaning with a wheel cleaner such as EF Hi-intensity. then put some sealant on them, then put it back onto the wheel.

Yep, thats what we do with the Satty covers....