PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars maintenance products

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Indy YZF
07-03-2002, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know the difference between Meguiars Quick Detailer and their Final Inspection#34 other than the fact that one is from their consumer line, and one from their Pro line? Can we use them interchangeably

laynlow
07-03-2002, 09:12 PM
Some people believe that the consumer line contains silicone, but it does not. Basically, you are supposed to get a little more gloss out of the #34. Other than that, they are nearly identical. I buy the #34 by the gallon because it is more economical. The tad extra gloss is just a bonus.

imported_BretFraz
07-03-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

Some people believe that the consumer line contains silicone, but it does not. Basically, you are supposed to get a little more gloss out of the #34. Other than that, they are nearly identical. I buy the #34 by the gallon because it is more economical. The tad extra gloss is just a bonus.

Hmm..... I was told by Meguiar`s Tech Help that the only diff was silicone, and fragrance. Quik Detailer has it and #34 doesn`t. I checked with them about a year ago to confirm.

Maybe its changed. Certainly worth a call to Meguiar`s to clear it up.

At any rate, they perform virtually the same and if you`re not a professional auto painter, the silicone in the QD will not make a diff to you. Buy whatever`s cheaper and easier.

tom p.
07-03-2002, 09:21 PM
Yeah, laynlow, I am with bret on this one. Meguiar`s has always said the QD contains silicone while the #34 does not. Maybe someone car verify this?? Has something changed??

#34 is an excellent product. I frequently mist it on while the vehicle is still wet from a washing. Wonderful shine and the car dries so nicely!! Three thumbs up.

The gallon size is the best deal going.

C. Charles Hahn
07-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Over top of Zaino, I`ve always recieved streaking from the Maroon (consumer) QD, whereas I`ve never recieved streaking from #34 FI. Thats enough proof of silicones to me. :up

laynlow
07-03-2002, 09:28 PM
The guys your taking to are different from the guys I am talking to then. I called about a month ago when a similar thread popped up, and was told that neither contained silicone. The rep stated that FI is simply marketed to the pro crowd, and contains more gloss enhancing characteristics. That was the second time I had called to ask, and I was very specific in my questioning.

Definately call again, as will I and we shall see. :nixweiss

shaf
07-03-2002, 10:44 PM
Oh no! Not another case of the "Schizophrenic Meguiars Product Info" syndrome. Can`t they get their stories straight?? :nixweiss

According to Forrest (Mothers rep) their QD works with sealants and the word "silicones" doesn`t necessarily mean the bad kind.... And even he`s confused about the silicone/no silicone thing with Megs.

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12552

Pats300zx
07-04-2002, 06:56 AM
I was always under the impression always that the consumer line QD did contain silicone. This is the primary reason that I always use FI#34 with my Klasse SG. I recently learing that the Mother`s QD does not contain silicone. Its alot easier to obtain in my area than the FI. I bought all bottles I could of FI at Pep Boys when they decided to discontinue sales of it.

frankandjeri@bellsouth.net
07-04-2002, 07:08 AM
I have experience using Meguiar`s Quick Detailer. It works well. But I recently got a hold of their new product, Final Detail. It`s part of the Detailer Line of Meguiar`s. Apparently, they created a new line of products, adding Detailer line to the Pro line and Consumer Line.

Final Detail is like FI with wax. Very high gloss! :up

ALAN81
07-04-2002, 08:21 AM
I like both products but if I had a choice I would go with #34 just my opinion! not that either one is bad

Firescooby
07-04-2002, 08:42 AM
Where are you guys buying the 34 in gallon amounts?

FYI- I just went down to the basement...I have some of both. They both smell identical. Smell good enough to eat.

imported_Blake
07-04-2002, 12:44 PM
The shop where I buy Meg`s products (Pro Line) also sells the Detailer`s line and they tell me the "Detailer`s" line is less expensive and of a poorer quality......basically for used car clean ups and to compete with some of the products sold in gallon sizes by auto supply stores. Really it`s too bad we don`t have a knowledgable Meguiars Rep on this forum. The fellows from Mothers and Eagle One are a great resource.

imported_Dude
07-04-2002, 05:11 PM
Agree with what Blake said about how great it would be to have a Meguiar`s rep on Autopia. I myself have gotten two different answers from Meguiar`s on numerous occasions.

frankandjeri@bellsouth.net
07-04-2002, 09:57 PM
Blake,

I have no experience in using #34. So I dont know really which is a better product between #34 and Final Detail (Detailer Line).

Hmm..but if according to your source that #34 is better than Final Detail, I wonder why Final Detail costs a whole lot more than #34.

:nixweiss

ClayBartrug
07-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Where do you buy this by the gallon? Thx

Originally posted by laynlow

I buy the #34 by the gallon because it is more economical. The tad extra gloss is just a bonus.