PDA

View Full Version : Non-wax QDs

shirtman
07-03-2002, 07:17 PM
Ok, I have a couple of Klasse AIO coats, and about 3 or so coats of SG on, and the car is lookin` pretty good. In between coats, I have taken some time, and want to use some QD, and I guess you have to use a non-wax QD. I know Final Inspection has no wax, but how about Pinnacle Crystal? Once I finish the Klasse apps it won`t be an issue, in that I will probably put a coating of Souveran over the top. Then the PQD will be fine I am sure.

Any info out there on other non-wax based QD`s?

Thanks!

Jeff

offcenter
07-03-2002, 08:21 PM
When I had my 1xAIO and 3xSG, I used Final Inspection or Eagle One Wipe and Shine. The Pinnacle QD has wax in it and attracted dust like you would not believe. Stick with the Eagle One or Meguiars FI.:xyxthumbs

shirtman
07-03-2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have not used the crystal mist yet, but if it is a dust magnet, maybe it will stay in the bottle for some time to come. Black is hard enough to keep clean without encouraging the dust to jump aboard.

Toluca Lake..... my sister lived there some number of years ago. Nice place. Nice climate for an Autopian.

Jeff

pierregibbs@earthlink.net
07-04-2002, 12:13 AM
As a dedicated Klasse user I can tell you that "Sonus High Gloss Spritz" available at CMA works wonders with both Klasse products.

http://properautocare.com/sonhigglosac.html

imported_Intel486
07-04-2002, 02:03 PM
What does the EO Wipe & Shine Contain? It saies it puts down a protective layer on all painted surfaces but I wonder what it is putting down? Silicone?