PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba on Liquid Glass

47ho
07-03-2002, 02:57 PM
Im thinking about picking up a can of LG and was reading the FAQ on their site and it says layering wax on top of a coat of LG will not add luster or protection. I know many of you had said that a layer of carnauba wax adds more depth and shine to sealants, is this true with Liquid Glass?

thevolvoguy
07-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Before I bought Zaino I always layered either Gold Class or P21S (in the non summer months) on top of Liquid Glass. I think it adds a lot more depth than Liquid Glass alone will produce. Plus, if you layer a Carnauba on a synthetic you get the long lasting protection of the polymer and the shine and glow of carnauba.

As far as what LG said... they are probably just trying to say that their product is the best by itself.

BTW for what you pay for a 16oz bottle of LG you could get a 16oz(?) bottle of Zaino Z2 or 3 and save a buck. Just FYI :wavey

shaf
07-03-2002, 05:23 PM
MCD007, check this thread out: http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4080&highlight=mothers+liquid+glass

I was pretty much going to buy LG if nothing just to test it out, when I suddenly got a good deal on Klasse instead.

I got a bunch of email correspondence with the Liquid Glass people. Just for the heck of it, here is some of the more useful stuff for everyone:

Liquid Glass Polish/Finish is designed to seal and protect the finish. There is no need to apply wax over it since 2-3 coats will outlast and outshine a wax. You may, however, apply wax over it if you wish.

A 16 oz container should yield 6-12 applications on most cars. It should be applied sparingly.Of course bear in mind that Klasse says 2oz(!!!) per coat on the bottle, so you can probably stretch it out just like Klasse.

When applied properly, Liquid Glass Polish/Finish should last a minimum of 3-6 months. It will typically last much longer.

You may moisten the applicator pad with water. I would not recommend the use of a quick detailer to moisten the pad since the mixing of products can produce streaking.

Liquid Glass Polish/Finish contains no cleaning agents. Our Pre-Cleaner should be used to clean the surface.

I also did the Zaino price comparison exercise but then you have to get either ZFX or Z1.... but wait Z5 is supposed to help... then there`s pressure to get Z6, Z7...... and then what the heck might as well get their leather and tire stuff too.... It all just gets out of control and I got scared! :D :p

47ho
07-03-2002, 06:23 PM
Yea the whole zaino thing scares me. I want to add multiple coats but I have to wait 24hrs. To skip that i need to buy ZFX, then I need Z5 for swirls along with Z2. Then everyone Z6 adds more shine as a QD so now I need that. To top it off the shipping is $7.:(

BradE
07-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Yea the whole zaino thing scares me. I want to add multiple coats but I have to wait 24hrs. To skip that i need to buy ZFX, then I need Z5 for swirls along with Z2. Then everyone Z6 adds more shine as a QD so now I need that. To top it off the shipping is $7.

Nobody ever said this hobby was cheap. :D Seriously, Zaino is a very good system and there is no reason to be scared of it. I have tried a ton of products and Zaino is among the best I have ever tried.