PDA

View Full Version : You got me on that one!

dlw
07-03-2002, 01:29 PM
I was out on the driveway buffing off a coat of Z-5 on the Prelude when my neighbor from across the street and a couple houses down came over (he hadn`t done this for at least 5 years). His sole mission was to tell me that he would never have to do "all that work" to his black `99 Lexus he just bought because the dealer put on a "5-year wax" for only $750. All I could say was "wow, what a deal!", smiled and just kept on buffing till he left about a minute later, then had to come in and post this. It made me feel a lot better about myself, as I had quit a job that I had enjoyed selling cars untill the dealership decided to bolster profits by selling $400 sealant packages w/5 year gaurantee (gaurantee was only good if you brought the car back every year for a $75 "touch up"). Good grief.

imported_memnuts
07-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Goes to show that no matter what kind of car you are able to purchase, common sense is an option you must walk into the dealership with.

dlw, I loved your response. Really :cool:. You will get the last laugh when he`s polishing his 5-year warrantied Lexus next year or paying for the touch-up at $50-$100 a pop.

C. Charles Hahn
07-03-2002, 01:53 PM
I would`ve personally said something more along the lines of, "good for you. Have fun with that..... and I`ll have even more fun with this." (:xyxthumbs )

imported_memnuts
07-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Got caught myself back in the late 70`s. Remember "PolyGlycoat" :( and "Rusty Jones":(. Sad but true, the dealer got me good

samiam513
07-03-2002, 02:05 PM
Next weekend, ,go ask him if he wants to compare the way it shines. Then ask if he wants to compare swirls. You must tell him swirls take credit away, not add credit like most think.

DaGonz
07-03-2002, 03:10 PM
dlw....

Do you really want to make him cry? Turn him onto this website!

:shocked :scared :o