PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Zaino?

70RagTop
07-03-2002, 09:26 AM
I just bought a PC and want to do my car from scratch (no pun intended) - Dawn, Clay, 3M with my PC, Zaino. Currently, I have about 3 layers of Zaino on it. How do I remove the Zaino on the car so that I can get the water marks and scratches out? Will Dawn remove Zaino?

Mutilator
07-03-2002, 09:34 AM
Dawn will remove most of the zaino... you`ll be able to tell a difference after you wash it the first time because the water just kinda sits there and doesn`t bead or sheet off anymore... whatever the dawn doesn`t get the clay and 3M will finish off I`m sure.

Dawn wash & dry

Clay bar

Dawn wash & dry

3M SMR

Dawn wash & dry

Zaino ZFX

Zaino ZFX

Zaino ZFX

;)

imported_memnuts
07-03-2002, 09:55 AM
If you plan on SMR`ing the whole car there is no need for a prior Dawn wash. The SMR will remove the 3 coats of Zaino with no problem. Clay any rough area if necessary. I would wash with Dawn after the SMR and/or claying and even re-wash with Z7 prior to layering the polish.

Sounds like a good project. Do not forget to take pixs before and after. :D

dlw
07-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Dawn will not remove enough of theZaino to bother with, if any. The most commonly available thing to remove Z is denatured alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol (common rubbing alcohol) will remove it, but denatured is more pure and won`t leave as much residue. Of course, always use caution when working with any kind of chemicals, use outside and away from any ignition sources (alcohol burns!). You can also get wax removers from body supply companies that will remove Zaino. But, as stated, if you are going to use any type of abrasive swirl remover or cleaner, it should remove any existing Zaino from your finish.