PDA

View Full Version : just got a pc..

patrickburk
07-02-2002, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, I just bought a PC and I am pretty excited to use it. I was looking at the properautocare website to order the backing plate and pads. I have to say that 20 bucks for the backing plate seems a bit expensive. My unit came with a 6 inch backing plate and but it doesn`t have velcro on it obviously. Could I just buy a sheet of velcro, cut it and glue it on that? It seems that I could. In addition, does that backing plate have the actually rough part of the velcro or is it soft? I think it is the "hooks" or rough texture. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any suggestions are most welcome! Keep on buffing guys. -Cliff:xyxthumbs

Thunderingbird
07-02-2002, 08:44 PM
The backing pad does have the hooks.:)

imported_dchu1975
07-02-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Cliff330i

I have to say that 20 bucks for the backing plate seems a bit expensive. :xyxthumbs

Pay the $20 and be done with it. Besides it will be properly balanced!

patrickburk
07-02-2002, 09:01 PM
Anyone use that white pad that comes with the unit? Is it decent? Or could it cause problems?

imported_dchu1975
07-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Cliff330i

Anyone use that white pad that comes with the unit? Is it decent? Or could it cause problems?

The pad that comes with the PC is fine.

However, try to dedicate one pad per product to avoid chemical reactions. If this is not possible make sure that you clean the pad thoroughly in Dawn.

patrickburk
07-02-2002, 09:31 PM
ok, one last question before I put my order in. After I use the Klasse twins on the car, I understand that many apply a carnuaba wax as a topper. Can I use 3M`s perfect it liquid wax on top or will it take off the SG? I don`t know if this one has any cleaners in it. -C:D