PDA

View Full Version : Black `83 Hurst Olds...Need HELP!!!!!

tonysandiego
07-02-2002, 04:46 PM
A coworker just picked up a Black `83 Hurst Olds that needs some serious help. Lots of swirls, scuffs and scratches. I know what I`m doing with clear coated finishes but need to know if I should use the same products and techniques on non clear coated finishes.

I use a PC with 3M Finesse-It, SWM and Pinnacle. Thanks in advance.:confused:

imported_BretFraz
07-02-2002, 05:27 PM
Cool car. I wanted one of those back then.

Almost every product on the market that is "clearcoat safe" is also safe for non-clearcoats. The items you mentioned would be fine for the Olds. Don`t forget that clear coat paint is the same as regular paint with no pigment in it.

Take some pics when you get a chance so we can all see the transformation. Good luck.

tonysandiego
07-02-2002, 09:50 PM
Not sure when he`s going to have time for me to get him started, so pictures may take a while. I like the car a lot except for the Burgandy Velour interior. Feels like a funeral home in there!:eek:

imported_BretFraz
07-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by SteveL

Not sure when he`s going to have time for me to get him started, so pictures may take a while. I like the car a lot except for the Burgandy Velour interior. Feels like a funeral home in there!:eek:

No way, that`s "Pimp Daddy Chic". Driving a car like that makes you feel like Ice T or Snoop Dogg. Totally cool.

Well, sorta.

forrest@mothers
07-03-2002, 08:38 AM
The biggest difference you`ll find in working the paint on the Olds is how hard it is.

The combo of age of the car, and technology of the paint made for some very hard paint surface. You might need a more aggressive pad than you`re used to for marring removal, and possibly a more aggressive product than you`d use on a newer vehicle.

imported_Dude
07-03-2002, 11:17 AM
Awesome ride! Some of the companies make special products for non clear-coated finishes (Zaino makes one), but anything will work.