PDA

View Full Version : spots in zaino/read please

shelbygt
07-02-2002, 03:58 PM
got a minute? i`m getting ready to put 3 more coats of Z2 on my car and i`m noticing that some water spots from earlier today(my fault had to babysit my son) seem to be through the previous zaino coats... in other words they don`t wipe off and you can feel them with your fingernail.Z6 hides `em but their still there.would you zaino over them? TIA answer quick please I`m gonna go rub some more.

Brad B
07-02-2002, 05:40 PM
If you feel them then they are more than just water spots it`s an etching problem more than likely.

Would I wax over them? No. I would take the time to do my best to remove them or at least improve the damage. Why seal in damage?

Start with the least intrusive method. Use a vinegar wash. Then you will have to resort to an mild abrasive. Then get a

more aggressive abrasive. Do what you have to to remove it. If you feel it it means the surface has been damaged and it has to be flattened.

shelbygt
07-02-2002, 06:16 PM
Thanks Brad 38 people so far read this and your the only one that had an opinion. I`m making a major road trip in the morning so stripping the Zaino today is out of the question,maybe i`m just being picky about the spots anyway... they are not in the clear coat they seem to be in the previous layer of Zaino.I rubbed the snot out of the car with Z6 and a towel and you could barely see `em and i`m on my last Z2 coat now...I`ll post pics in a little while.meanwhile if anyone else has had water spots in Zaino lemme hear your solutions.Btw Brad would the vinegar wash compare to a dawn wash?

C. Charles Hahn
07-02-2002, 06:24 PM
I`ve had that happen a few times after a rainfall. The vinegar wash is a great idea - what I would do is get some q-tips, then spot clean the water spots with just some vinegar. Its not quite the same as a dawn wash, as the vinegar is slightly acidic, whereas the dawn is soapy.

Go ahead and try spot cleaning, you`ll just have to reapply the Z over those spots. :up

imported_dchu1975
07-02-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Brad B.

If you feel them then they are more than just water spots it`s an etching problem more than likely.

Would I wax over them? No. I would take the time to do my best to remove them or at least improve the damage. Why seal in damage?

My feelings exactly :up

shelbygt
07-02-2002, 11:05 PM
Here`s a pic thanks for all the tips guys,I`m gonna try the vinegar spot cleaning when I get back from my road trip.I would hate to have to strip it all off...I even Z`d the door jambs.