PDA

View Full Version : Previously repaired scratch...

Bing999
07-02-2002, 01:40 PM
I have a Medium blue F150 with a couple of pretty good scratches in the door that were "repaired" by the previous owner. They are about a 1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long and have been filled in with touch up paint that is no where near the color of the truck. I have the correct touch up paint and want to try to fix these up. Am I nuts to try on my own? I am guessing that the clear is either already gone in that spot or covered up by the touch up paint. I was hoping to be able to sand some of it off and top it up with the correct color. I have read many posts on scrath & chip repair (including David B`s), but just want to know if this falls outside the realm of "do it yourself". Worst case means I have to get the dorr repainted, right?

Thanks in advance

Darcy

PS: Just got a digital camera last week and will try to post a pic tonight.

kbshadow
07-02-2002, 01:48 PM
If you use some Langka or Mothers blob remover the touch up paint will come right off with out any damage to the factory paint, you can then do what ever repair with your touch up paint you want on it.

Bob

Stockton Ca

Bing999
07-02-2002, 02:00 PM
thanks,

I`ve done some searching on the Langka and I guess its a Mothers product now. Maybe I`ll swing by Canadian Tire tonight and see if they have it. The pics posted by Langka for before and after results didn`t seem to have much credibility so I`ll try to take accurate B & A pics and maybe others can get something from this too.

Thanks for the reply.

Darcy