PDA

View Full Version : Long time Reader, First time Poster..

Pages : [1] 2

CountZero
07-02-2002, 01:32 PM
I figured I`d share a quick Photo of my `02 Carbon Black M5. This was taken shortly after taking delivery. Keeping a Black car in the Desert southwest is interesting to say the least, but the color was just too stunning to pass up. (Deep Blue in bright sunlight, Black at night.)

http://www.liquidrealities.com/images/newride/M5-2.jpg

I just finished a fairly intensive session with the car this weekend. Dawn Wash, some work on scratches and swirls that came with the car at time of delivery, 2 coats of Z5 w/ZFX and 2 coats of Z2 w/ZFX. I`ll try to get some new photos taken and posted if folks are interested in the seeing the results.

Count

imported_seres
07-02-2002, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the forum, Count!! Great car and shine!!

Definitely, we`re always interested in pics of beautiful cars - post away!!

:wavey

Redcar GUY
07-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Nice ride and welcome!

laynlow
07-02-2002, 02:27 PM
I love pics! Keep em` coming. Thats a great looking car too!

cpaddock
07-02-2002, 06:23 PM
Hubba Hubba what a sweet car:bow

CountZero
07-02-2002, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the kind comments. I`ll try to get some more decent shots of the car in the next day or so. Today ended up being hazy and dusty, so photos arent really coming out the way I`d hoped they would.. The car ends up looking fuzzy and dirty, which is actually a reflection of the sky above. Oh well. I`ll get some better shots up as soon as I can.

My current favorite shot, as well as my current desktop wallpaper is this one. I love this car. :D

http://www.liquidrealities.com/images/newride/lights%20small.jpg

Malibu
07-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Oh man, I love the "angel eyes" on the current E39s. And the M5 is probably one of my favorite cars in the world. If things go well, maybe I can pick one up in a few years. Something to shoot for. :up Nice car!

Mike

boarderx
07-03-2002, 01:35 PM
Welcome and Nice Ride! Love the black. It`s totally worth it when kept clean.

RedVR6
07-03-2002, 07:52 PM
:bow

shirtman
07-03-2002, 08:15 PM
I feel your pain... but black is THE best color when clean IMHO. Now if I could just figure out how to do that...... I tried the Z route, but had little success. I believe it was due to the humidity which seems omnipresent here in central PA. I have not tried the "speed dry" version of the product yet.

Anyway, Love the car and welcome to the board.

Jeff

CountZero
07-09-2002, 12:49 PM
Black99Miata,

I`ve had great luck with the Zaino. Both with and Without the ZFX. (Although I Live where its HOT and Dry.) Humidity is nothing but a rumor out in these parts.. :) My problems are Dust. Everything out here is Dusty. Even my Dust is Dusty.. :D

This is my Toybox. (42`x75` with 14` eaves and 21` to the peak. There is an attached 42`x25` Gameroom with a loft at the back where my Pinball Machines and other games are going to live)

http://www.liquidrealities.com/images/newride/GarageNew1.jpg

Not alot in this garage is fully detailed to the level of the M5 and my Wife`s X5 though.. The Street rod is Show ready, and the Limo and Ecto Replica are clean and show ready... Everything else is in progress.. (Actually, the golf cart is presentable as well) Those Caddy`s have ALOT of surface area to wash and polish. Its like working on an Expedition with more sharp edges. :rolleyes:

I figured I could share my other toys with everyone.. And this single photo was the quickest way to get them all posted.

Count

69-912
07-09-2002, 03:58 PM
Whats thew hearse and the two cop cars for?

CountZero
07-09-2002, 04:42 PM
I collect Vintage Cadillacs. (Specifically 1959 Commercial Chassis cars) So the Hearse is part of the set of cars based on the commercial chassis. (Ambulance, Hearse, Limo.)

The Cop cars are two Ex-TV cars. They were owned by and used on the CBS-TV show "Nash Bridges". We are putting them back together and using them for show. (And Yes, I tried to get one of the Cuda`s used on the show. But they went for more $$$`s than I had available at the time)

Count

msmcdon
07-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Great cars, CountZero....

Love those Caddy Ambulances. From the looks of your first pics, you are in the Tucson area.... yes? My wife and I are originally from AZ (her from Nogales, me from Flagstaff) and want to get back there in the next couple of years....

I think you need a full-time auto detailer... whadda think? ;) :D

CountZero
07-09-2002, 05:45 PM
Good Call. :) We are in Tucson. South east side to be precise. Born and raised here and I Wouldnt trade it for anything.. :) Hot is lots better in my opinion than cold is..

As for the Full Time detailer.. I need a full time restoration shop first.. <G> Gotta finish up several of the projects before they are going to need to be detailed.

This is the one thats the killer to detail.. You dont even figure detailing in hours on this one, its days.. It is tons of fun though.

http://www.liquidrealities.com/images/ecto/EctoNight.jpg

If you ever get down to these parts again, let me know. I`m always up for an afternoon of chatting about cars.

Count.