PDA

View Full Version : My neighbors wax job----->

DETAILKING
07-02-2002, 12:16 PM
I offered to help, but she said no...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I saw her do........

1. Wash car with comet cleanser and a rag to remove sap, tar, and grease.....

2. Used Du pont #7 polish, to smooth out the paint

3. Finished up with Nu Finish and Mother`s quick Detailer.

Car was a 1993 Mazda WHITE. I gotta admit, it doesn`t look bad...........for the minimal steps she did and oh my.....that comet wash!

boywonder
07-02-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

I offered to help, but she said no...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I saw her do........

1. Wash car with comet cleanser and a rag to remove sap, tar, and grease.....

2. Used Du pont #7 polish, to smooth out the paint

3. Finished up with Nu Finish and Mother`s quick Detailer.

Car was a 1993 Mazda WHITE. I gotta admit, it doesn`t look bad...........for the minimal steps she did and oh my.....that comet wash!

:eek

My friend with the Coffee-stained Maxima had people suggest she use gasoline or bleach to get that off of her car. I told her "Hell no!"

Slackmeister
07-02-2002, 12:26 PM
Glad that she doesn`t have a black car.

Scottwax
07-02-2002, 05:10 PM
Reminds me of a customer who called wanting her red 1993 S-10 Blazer washed and waxed. When I got there, I noticed it was pink and chalky looking...much more so than I normally would see on them, so I asked when it was last waxed and she said it had been about 6 months, so I then asked how often she washes it, and she said every week with Simple Green! She also said she mixes it about 50/50 with water to make sure her truck was clean!

I then told her if she was going to continue to wash with Simple Green I was not going to be able to wash/wax her truck since the first time she washes it she will strip off all the wax and subsequent washes would start stripping oils out of the paint and quickly make it fade again...and that I would charge her full price again to bring the color back. She promised she would not use Simple Green to wash her car again...:rolleyes:

Comet is much worse though. :shocked

TooSixy
07-02-2002, 05:19 PM
I remember cleaning stuff with comet....not only was it abrasive, but your hands got all dried out and felt chalky and disgusting after using it. It also had a really strong chemical smell...I can`t imagine applying that stuff!! :eek:

imported_BretFraz
07-02-2002, 05:40 PM
I posted this a few months ago but it`s a good story so I`ll repost. And for those who say the SEARCH function doesn`t work, I say BAH!!! Finding this took me 10 seconds.

that reminds me of a story

And a true one at that.

About 10 yrs ago a friend of mine had a nice Toyota ext cab 1/2 ton. Lowered, nice wheels, bumpin system, clean not garish or hacker. Took good care of it.

He goes back home to visit family and leaves it with his then girlfriend. She drives the truck while he`s away. Before he gets home she decideds to surprise him by washing it. With a Scotch Brite pad. To say that he freaked out when he saw it is a big understatement. The scratches were sooooo bad I couldn`t get them out and most of the local detailers wouldn`t touch it.

So, you ask, why in the world did she use a Scotch Brite pad to wash his nice truck?

Because, she said it was "really dirty".

Scottwax
07-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Bretfaz--funny story!:bow

Oh yeah, and btw, about your avatar...you have to send me a dollar every time you post now! :xyxthumbs