PDA

View Full Version : Question on Lexol and Vinylex Bottles

PeterY
07-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Hi, i have both the bottle for lexol and vinylex. IS there something wrong with my bottle sprayers. WHen i use the lexol, it has no pressure and a goo type gel comes out onto my towel. And when i use vinylex, it`s a yellowish color and comes onece again that bottle has no spray power and runs out like a yellow water onto my towel. Is this correct, and is vinylex meant to smell bad. My last question is would it be better to use a terry pad applicator for the products instead of the towel.

Thanks

boywonder
07-02-2002, 11:28 AM
What you have experienced is normal on both counts. Lexol Leather Cleaner is a gel-like substance and Vinylex is a yellowish, watery substance. I have used terry applicators to apply both and have a regular terry towel to handle the buffing afterward.

JasonC8301
07-02-2002, 11:37 AM
I put my vinylex into an old ketchup bottle. I don`t like spraying it, rather pour it onto an applicator and apply.

hmm. my vinylex looks like a stone color or even passes for white watery liquid (sorta like...hmmm no comment.)

But I haven`t tried the Lexol leather stuff so PrinzII beat me there. I use Eagle One.

If the sprayer sucks, get new spray bottles.

Just remember to label them accordingly.

Jason

BradE
07-02-2002, 01:12 PM
The Vinylex you have is probably old product. Bacteria is begining to grow in it causing the bad smell and the thick consistancy.

uxu
07-02-2002, 02:09 PM
This is a little OT - but if you are looking for replacement bottles, and other dispensing items to make your life easier, you might check out: US Plastics (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&Category_Name=Bottles+and+Labware&Page=1&)

I find that they have some very nice stuff for we perfectionists and those who like to brew their own special formulas.

medic
07-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

The Vinylex you have is probably old product. Bacteria is begining to grow in it causing the bad smell and the thick consistancy.

Depending on what the smell is, lexol and such don`t have the most pleasent of smells, but I don`t condiser them offensive, sorta smalles like fake leather smell IMO.

Have you tried shaking the bottles up. I know waxes and other items will seperate if they sit for too long so the liquid part may have seperated making the bottom part the sprayer pulls fom thicker.