PDA

View Full Version : Got one for ya

Pages : [1] 2

boywonder
07-02-2002, 11:08 AM
I have a friend whose `96 Maxima (Icelandic Pearl) has a huge coffee (1/4 of the rear quarter panel) stain on it. The stain has been sitting on the car for a year. Also, the car does have oxidation on it. Last night, I tried claying it (didn`t put a dent in it). I tried using AIO (Didn`t work, either).

Eventually, she wants me to detail this car but I am wondering what I can use to get this stain off. I am contemplating trying EF Tar Remover on it to see if that makes a dent. I may also consider something like PPCL or Finesse-It II. As a last resort, I am contemplating something like a Meguiar`s Medium cut cleaner with a machine application (read: PC or Rotary).

imported_BretFraz
07-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Well, coffee is pretty acidic so I imagine the clearcoat has been damaged. If you have some of those polishes I`d try them on a small spot and see if they have any effect. Same with bug & tar stuff.

If it were me I`d bust out the PC and the Meguiar`s #2 or DACP and go to town on the stain. I`d bet a 5 year old Max could use a good polishing with one of those products.

Good luck. Post a pic if u can.

ALM
07-02-2002, 12:05 PM
You`re probably going to need a good polish or even a compound to put a dent in a coffee stain. The polishing ability of Klasse is small, and I would think this job is going to need something with more polishing power. Go slow and steady, and hopefully you`ll get some results. Best of luck!

boywonder
07-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Yep. That`s what I figured. She is going to need someone to hit that with a medium cut cleaner and a rotary. This way, I get to do the whole car. :D

BradE
07-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Since it has been left on the surface for a year, and exposed to heat and water, polishing ain`t gonna cut it. It probably has gotton so deep in the clear you would probably have to remove all the clearcoat to totally remove it. The only chance you might have is chemical decontamination. Other than that you probably SOL.

imported_Intel486
07-02-2002, 02:45 PM
Well... Make up an excuse and colorsand her car... Hmmm I haven`t colorsanded in awhile. Maybe I`ll go sand some more on my truck.

boywonder
07-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Since it has been left on the surface for a year, and exposed to heat and water, polishing ain`t gonna cut it. It probably has gotton so deep in the clear you would probably have to remove all the clearcoat to totally remove it. The only chance you might have is chemical decontamination. Other than that you probably SOL.

What can I use for this? :confused:

samiam513
07-02-2002, 04:06 PM
just tell her that when ever she is mad, to take her anger out by SLOWLY backing into a tree on that side. Then she`ll have the problem gone when insurance fixes it...

but that IS insurancee fraud.....

You`ll prob never get the stain out unless you have some wonder polish you just mixed in your labrratory.

BradE
07-02-2002, 04:08 PM
What can I use for this?

Either a fallout remover or something like the ABC system would work. Even then it still might not remove it.:(

Andre'
07-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Get some baking soda add a bit of water to make a paste out of it, than sit it on the stain for 5 or 10. I don`t know if it will work but it can`t hurt to try.:nixweiss

boywonder
07-03-2002, 11:52 AM
I`ll try that and let you guys know the outcome.

boywonder
07-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Let me tell you what has been suggested to her to clean this stain off.

a) Bleach

b) Gasoline

c) Cleanser

When she approached me with those, they got an instant "Hell no" from me.

Also, I might stop by her house tonight to see if I can do something with the tar remover.

imported_BretFraz
07-03-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by PrinzII

Also, I might stop by her house tonight to see if I can do something with the tar remover.

I`d skip the tar remover unless that`s code or something. Bring along some 3D glasses, a can of Readi Whip, and a squegee. Oh, and a Twister mat.

Forget the dang car, it`s 4th of July weekend!!!

BUMP-CHICKA-BUMP-CHICKA-BUMP-CHICKA-BUMP

:D :xyxthumbs

C. Charles Hahn
07-03-2002, 05:46 PM
bump-chicka-bump, eh bret?? That reminds me of how my transmission sounds/feels in the blazer..... ugh....

drewski59
07-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

bump-chicka-bump, eh bret?? That reminds me of how my transmission sounds/feels in the blazer..... ugh....

:D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:D

:wavey