PDA

View Full Version : AIO after SMR

VetteToVair
07-01-2002, 08:29 PM
i`m going to try out klasse for the first time, but i definately need to smr first. i know this has been asked before so please don`t jump on my a** for this - will the AIO remove the oils left by the smr? i only ask because i read some inconclusive things about this in the archives. i think it should, but i`d rather be sure - you understand. thanks.

BradE
07-01-2002, 08:54 PM
Yes the cleaners in the AIO will remove the oils in the SMR. If you want to be really sure do AIOx2, I recommend that anyway. Or do a Dawn wash between the SMR and AIO and you will be set.

VetteToVair
07-01-2002, 09:00 PM
thanks showroom. now i just have to worry about this miserable heat!

shaf
07-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Yes the cleaners in the AIO will remove the oils in the SMR. If you want to be really sure do AIOx2, I recommend that anyway.Oh good, then I can stop wondering! :D

Saabman
07-02-2002, 02:16 PM
Explain please why I need to dawn wash between SMR and AIO. From previous posts I`ve seen (notably carguy) no such removing of oils is necessary if I use a non-polymer wax, e.g. GC Liquid. Will AIO not adhere properly if the oils are not removed?

Thx.

BradE
07-02-2002, 03:28 PM
If you are using a non-polymer product the oils do not need to be removed because caranuba does not bond and cross-link to the surface. A polymer on the other hand will, the surface needs to be totally free of all oils for it to bond properly.

People like to do a Dawn wash between SMR and AIO when using a polymer product to ensure all the oils have been removed and there will be no issues with proper bonding.